The Watering Hole
Color craziness on the front lawn of Laughing Elephant…. http://www.mavericksoul.org/blog/2016/9/18/true-colors
- Restorative Yoga with Megan and Aeriel
Saturday January 28 from 4-6pm
Reiki, guided meditation and yoga nidra
- Roll and Recover Workshop with Jessie
Sunday January 29 from 1230-230 $30
Roll & Recover will help you erase aches and pains and refresh your body from the inside out. Using The Roll Model® method and a variety of grippy, pliable rubber balls, you will roll away your tension and identify body blind spots: areas that are underused, overused, misused, and confused. Restore your movement patterns to support your body’s structure through corrective exercises, breathing techniques, and self-massage. You will leave feeling aligned and well!
- Embody Love Facilitator Training with Debbie Valois
Friday February 3 ( evening Session) 6-9
Saturday and Sunday 2/4 and 2/5 from 9-4
Embody Love Movement® Facilitator Training
A Training Course On How To Facilitate Embody Love Movement Workshops
Debbie Valois 500ERYT will provide a 15-hour weekend training in how to facilitate this inspirational program, with access to each of the curricula. This weekend training course is for any self-empowered woman, including therapists, educators, yoga instructors, and moms, who feel inspired to offer our workshops to schools, camps, community centers, yoga studios, and other non-profit organizations.
What is a Facilitator?
Facilitators are women who lovingly share Embody Love Movement’s revolutionary programs in studios, schools, camps, community centers and other non-profit organizations. The workshops that they facilitate focus on emotional expression, exposing media myths, changing the conversation from criticism to kindness, and recognizing self-worth and purpose.
How facilitators make a difference: This training provides facilitators with the ability to inspire girls and women who participate in our programs to:
♥ Value who they are internally over their external appearance
♥ Be empowered to change the conversation from criticism to kindness
♥ Stop comparing themselves to a false idea of beauty and to others
♥ Find inspiration to embrace their purpose in the world About The Training & Certification
The weekend immersion will include:
♥ Participation in an Embody Love Workshop led by Debbie Valois
♥ The being and doing of facilitation: holding safe space
♥ Projection, transference, and shadow work in groups
♥ Using yoga as a tool to find and keep body acceptance
♥ Finding your voice and sharing your truth: story telling that heals
♥ The detriments of body shaming and comparison
♥ Teaching media literacy and demystifying standard of beauty
♥ Practice, practice, practice of facilitation through role play
♥ How to spread the LOVE revolution to your community
Debbie is honored to have been trained and is currently mentored by Dr Melody Moore, Founder Embody Love Movement.
This workshop is limited to 20 participants. There will be plenty of individual instruction, Q&A time, and practice sessions with feedback. As an Embody Love Movement® certified facilitator, you will leave feeling empowered and prepared to take workshop programs into your community. Who better than you, and when better than now? Training costs are $395 per person, which covers the entire weekend. There is also a payment plan options to pay $50 or $100 payments
- Essential Oils- Focus on Emotions
What is an essential oil? How do they work? Are the safe? How do they shift our emotions? Join Michelle Neuner, Wellness Advocate, to find out the answer to these questions and more! This is a fun class featuring 6 of the most popular doTERRA Essential single oils and blends and how to use them. We will be learning the Aromatouch Hand Technique with Emotional Oils. This is a perfect way to experience the doTERRA difference.
WEDNESDAY, February 8th 7:00PM -7:45PM
Laughing Elephant Yoga
4372 Post Road East Greenwich, Rhode Island
If you have questions? Michelle Neuner, doTERRA Wellness Advocate
More Information: www.mydoterra.com/michelleneuner
- How to Write: Yoga and Journaling Workshop Series
PLEASE NOTE NEW DATE FOR LAST SESSION- FEBRUARY 4 FROM 430-630
How to Write: Yoga and Journaling Workshop Series
Find your voice. Witness yourself. Discover sudden insights. Recognize mental stories (samskara). Rewrite the narrative you want to live, everyday. All it takes it some movement – and a blank page.
How to Write is a yoga and creative workshop series for students of all levels who are curious to combine the breath and body movement of yoga with guided, journaling savasana, turning the yoga practice into a powerful catalyst for fluid, empowered self-expression.
Attend one workshop, or attend them all: you’ll be guided into an intimate, personal relationship to self-expression through the marriage of yoga and self-observation through simple, effortless, no-pressure journaling.
Sat, Oct 29 – 4:30-6:30 PM
Sat, Nov 19 – 4:30-6:30 PM
Sat, Dec 10 – 4:30-6:30 PM
Sat, Jan 7 – 4:30-6:30 PM ( rescheduled to February 4)
You don’t need to be “a writer” to benefit from writing. Dave Ursillo is a Yoga Alliance certified yoga teacher (RYT-200), 11-time author and writer whose teachings revolve around helping people express themselves to live their best lives and make the world a better place.
From catharsis to self-awareness, healing and powerful intention-setting, the space of a journal is all you need to unlock innate personal power. You’ll learn how to give your ideas a place to go, and how a simple writing practice will empower you to stay in harmonious relationship to your True Self through thick and thin.
Every workshop, students will engage in:
– 5-Minute Creative Exercise to Jumpstart Right-Brain Expansion
– Short Group Q+A and Dialogue on Struggles around Self-Expression
– Vinyasa Flow Sequence Designed for Enhanced Self-Expression
– Guided Journaling Savasana
– Suggested Journaling Prompts for Next Time
$30/Session When Purchased Separately ($120 Total)
Or, Sign Up for All 4 Ahead of Time and Save 15% ($100 Total)
- Love the Way you Move- An Alignment and Assisting workshop
With Debbie Valois
This will be an alignment and assisting workshop… Intended for the student wanting to deepen their practice and get (and maybe even give) some sweet assists within the asana ( pose) to help enhance and deepen your yoga experience. For yoga teachers this will be a great chance to have some guidance in giving assists (including some that might be new to you) and have willing participants to get your hands on.
Some yoga experience is suggested … 2 hours of CE for those who need them 🙂
- Am I Hungry , A Mindful Eating Program with Jessie Dwiggins
- Look for Spring Dates coming soon!$325 with booksAm I Hungry?® Mindful Eating ProgramFinally! A program to stop the diet rollar coaster so you can eat what you love without guilt – and live a healthy life.What You’ll Learn:Discover simple, yet powerful approaches for knowing when, what, and how much to eat. Overcome emotional and mindless eating. Eat the foods that you love without guilt – or overeating.Choose nourishing foods – without confusing nutrition jargon or diet rules. Find ways of moving your body that you truly enjoy and aren’t punishment for eating. Free up all the energy you lose obsessing about food or your body to build health and joy.Are you ready to find your inner expert?
- 2017 Yoga Teacher Training- 200 Hour YTT with Coral Brown Initiate, Integrate, Illuminate.
Starting February 2017
200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
with Coral Brown LMHC, e-RYT 500 and Guest Teachers
A teacher of teachers, Coral Brown is known for her integrative, lighthearted approach that fuses the energetic, creative energy of vinyasa yoga with her experience as a holistic counselor. Coral is a licensed mental health counselor and draws on 20 years experience of in yoga, philosophy, and holistic counseling to provide fertile, open space for the processes of healing and transformation. She has trained in the Iyengar and Jivamukti methods and is a senior teacher of Prana Vinyasa flow, leading teacher trainings, retreats and workshops worldwide. Coral is a regular contributor to Yoga Journal and has featured classes on Yoga Vibes and OneOEight.com. Learn more at CoralBrown.net
This 200hr teacher training program is a yoga alliance certified Prana Vinyasa style training. Students can expect in depth exploration, study and practice in the following areas of yoga.
- Study yoga philosophy and the 5,000-year-old history of yoga, with special attention to Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and The Bhagavad Gita.
- Cultivate your personal relationship to yoga, and learn how to live your yoga, on and off the mat.
- Become more body-aware as we learn basics of anatomy, physiology and injury prevention.
- Learn yogic breathing (pranayama), the chakra system and subtle body anatomy as tools for deepening your personal practice and skill set as a teacher.
- Explore basic principles and philosophy of Ayurveda, the sister-science of yoga, for enhancing self-care and awareness.
- Learn the ethics and business of yoga
- Build a toolkit for making a meaningful living from teaching yoga including: how to tell your story and write a professional bio that gets you quality work, and how to stay true to yourself while navigating and benefiting from social media.
- Explore the five movements of prana that serve as the underlying flow of yoga
- Cultivate the flow of prana through asana, pranayama, drishti, and the use of the bandhas.
- Acquire the principles and practice of creative and effective sequencing (beginner and intermediate flows). Learn the ritual and structure of a yoga class: opening, namaskar, waves, peak poses, counter-poses and closing.
- Discover teaching methodologies and integration of the essential yoga principles including bandhas, pranayama, and meditation.
- Develop your objective observation skills, techniques for hands-on adjustments, use of yoga props, verbal cues and other tools.
- Learn the breakdown of the family of asanas, exploring key actions of asanas and recognizing common misalignments.
- Learn fundamentals of yoga including Surya Namaskar, Chandra Namaskar, Classical Namaskar, and four Dancing Warrior Sequences to enhance your self-practice and teach to others.
- Understand, apply and teach sequencing principles such as vinyasa krama, wave sequencing and the 3-part vinyasa method.
- Learn to create vinyasa combinations for both beginner, intermediate, and mixed-level students that are safe, effective and inspired.
- Continuous practice teaching and teaching labs to bring out your authentic teaching voice and style.
Each weekend immersion is Friday 4:00pm-9:00pm and Sat/Sun 8 am-6pm
- February 24
- March 10
- March 31
- April 21
- May 5
- May 19
- June 9
Investment: $2600 (payment plans are available $400 per month over 6 months, month #7 is $92)
*This cost covers all weekend modules, monthly Prana Flow Immersions, and a comprehensive manual written by Shiva Rea.
*For those interested in deepening their practice without teacher- training certification the investment is $2300.
*As a registered student you will also enjoy special discounts at Laughing Elephant Yoga on workshops, yoga classes and clothing purchases.
- The desire and commitment to deepen your knowledge and love of Yoga.
- The ability to compassionately share space, thus creating a sacred environment for learning and transformation.
- The will to surrender to the flow of your natural life rhythms.
Program Requirements for Certification:
- Attend all weekend modules
- Attend 10 public yoga classes with Coral, Debbie or an approved teacher.
- 3 Living Sadhana Cycles
- Embodiment Project
- Sacred Reading List and Book Projects
- Final Exam; written and practical
- Complete two online study modules with Shiva
Complete and return the below application with a non-refundable $108 deposit to
Laughing Elephant Yoga
4372 Post Rd East Greenwich RI 02818
All questions should be referred to Debbie Valois at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Embody Love Workshop
Saturday March 4 from 1230-330The Embody Love Workshop will take you on a transformational journey into self acceptance. Women will be given the opportunity to see themselves and their peers through new lenses, ones that do not condition love based on external appearance or limit worthiness to a particular waist size… Lets create a conversation that moves away from “i’m so fat”, “i’m too thin”, “i don’t look good enough” to “I have Purpose”and I am worthy of love and respect”, and ” I have so much to offer”…This workshop is not just about body image and eating issues, but also about acknowledging our worth in our work, family life, relationships with others and changing the conversations we have our selves to be a much more positive one 🙂
This is an interactive workshop that does include a 50 minute yoga practice.. In addition to that we have discussion around Media Literacy, a Body Image Project, Change Your Talk, Make a Commitment, and a Journey to Self InquiryThis experience will be guided by Debbie Valois who is honored to be a certified facilitator of this program developed by Melody Moore, founder of the Embody Love Movement
cost is $25 and your full payment will be donated back to the Embody Love MovementSession is limited to 20 womenthis session is for women ages 20+ …Here is feedback from a past attendee… 🙂
Embody Love Movement. What an amazing, live changing experience. I attended a workshop when the mindset of learning about other people; I never thought I would have learned so much about myself. This workshop changed my perspective and my inner thoughts. I learned, listened, cried and experienced so much love and support from all the other ladies’ participating. It was remarkable to learn about how others speak to themselves- the constant judgment, specifically- and to eventually realize the thoughts I was having on a daily basis. I discovered so much about my relationships with others and why I react the way I do to certain circumstances. The subconscious thoughts I had been suppressing for years- finally came up to the surface—what a relief. This workshop gave me a new outlook on where I am in life- and why it’s perfect for me, right now. I encourage every person to attend this workshop; to learn, to experience and to grow and become comfortable (maybe even) confident with yourself.Lyndsy Tainsh
- Spring Equinox Restorative Yoga with Megan and Aeriel
Saturday March 18 from 4-6pm
with Reiki and live music !
- Save the Date!! Melody Moore coming to LEY!
The founder of the Embody Love Movement will be coming to LEY for a transformational weekend April 7-9…
Full Schedule and details to come !
want to know more about Melody? http://www.drmelodymoore.com
- Save the Date! Nikki Myers is coming to LEY!
Join us September 22-24, 2017 for a Breaking Barriers training at Laughing Elephant Yoga in East Greenwich, RI.
This workshop on codependency will help you to develop a deeper relationship with self.
Full schedule and pricing to come…
want to know more about Nikki ? http://www.offthematintotheworld.org/nikki-myers/
- Save the Dates! Patrick Beach is coming to LEY!
Foe an amazing weekend in November, Patrick Beach is coming to RI!!
Check him out http://www.patrickbeach.com