The Watering Hole
January 8, 2014
A blog entry from one of my favorite yoginis, a surgeon, who was coerced into writing under the promise of anonymity: Lori asked me to write about my professional life and the correlation between my professional life and yoga. But as I started to think about this, it seemed that there were two versions: one for surgeons about yoga, and one for yogis about surgery. Since this is a yoga blog, I figured I’d better stick to the latter. To
October 22, 2013
‘Courage is a love affair with the unknown.’ Change is good, right? Change of seasons, change in jobs, change in relationships, change in feelings. The end result of moving forward into hopefully something better is the good part, but there’s that in between time where we perseverate on whether we are making the right decision. There’s comfort in the familiar, so just the thought of moving in a different direction can conjure up fears and anxiety and cloud our decisions.
- Seane Corn is coming!
Mark your calendars! Seane will be coming to our studio 9/5-9/7 for a special weekend program…
More details and pricing info to come!
want to know more about her? http://www.seanecorn.com
- Ayurveda with Lynn Goodwin
- Sunday 2/16, 2/23 and 3/9 $20 each session-1230-230You can do indivual sessions or all 3!Week 1:Introduction to AyurvedaPhilosophyBasic PrinciplesThe cause of imbalances in the bodyThe nature of healingWeek 2:5 Element Theory5 Element Theory3 Dosha TheoryUnderstanding your inherent natureWeek 3:Ayurvedic Self-Care PracticesPrinciples of Ayurvedic self-careEating practices to promote healthy digestionDaily routines for creating a balanced lifeFood & lifestyle choices to honor the seasonsUsing food to build a strong immune system and content mindCultivating a healthy relationship with foodLynn GoodwinLynn is an Ayurvedic Health Educator, Food & Lifestyle Coach, and Registered Yoga Teacher. She received her A.H.E designation from The California College of Ayurveda, her health-coaching certificate from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, and is registered with Yoga Alliance at the 200-hour level. In addition to conducting wellness workshops and retreats, she also sees clients in a private setting. Her personalized coaching programs emphasize adding nourishing and delicious food and lifestyle choices for increased energy, reduced stressed and overall sense of feeling balanced in mind and body. Lynn believes that optimal health is the perfect vehicle for living your best life.
- Coral Brown Immersion- Sringara Rasa
Sunday March 16 1230-230 $30Sringara Rasa-Divine Love Immersion with Coral BrownIt is through the love of the Self that we may experience the love of the Divine. Opening your heart to receive love facilitates giving love, acceptance and gratitude. We will move through a liberating and healing backbend flow dedicated to honoring the connection to our individual source, our purest essence.
- 108 Sun Salutations for Best Buddies Challange
Come celebrate the spring equinox ( first day of SPRING) with sweat and laughter for a good cause!
Thursday March 20 at 615pm ( instead of the regularly scheduled Funky Flow) we will flow through 108 suns led by Debbie!!!
Lots of laughs and an opportunity to experience a meditation in motion…
suggested donation is $20, but whatever you can contribute is most appreciated…
Lori will be heading up a team of yogis for the Best Buddies Challenge Bike Ride coming up in May..this fundraiser is make sure her team can really help make a difference
- Anatomy with Ericka Fryburg Gardiner MPT
Friday 3/21 from 5-9 and Saturday 3/22 from 8-3
$75 for the full moduleThis module will cover functional anatomy as it relates to yoga..
- The month of April if the Perspective Project
Getting ready for our 30 day challenge to create a shift in your view!
More to come SOON!!!!
- Running + Yoga Coaches Training Weekends with Tara Comer
- February 22-23 OR April 12-138-5 each day
womenRYSE Coaches Training is a one of a kind 2-day running + yoga immersion weekend. Gain a deeper knowledge of running + yoga so that you can motivate and inspire others to achieve their fitness goals. You will learn a proven system for success in fitness and business. Plus, earn extra income bringing more freedom and flexibility into your life. Set yourself apart from the rest as a certified womenRYSE coach. Sign up today!
You will learn:
Proper running technique so you can train other women
Running form and pacing to support your member/athletes
Yoga poses and breath practices that enhance running
Mental strength training exercises to breakdown fitness barriers
Nutritional coaching for optimal health
Turn-key business map to have a womenRYSE home-based coaching business
Your training weekend includes:
Two group runs with personal feedback on running form and pacing
Two yoga focused on sequencing, alignment and benefits to running
Interactive business building strategy session to jumpstart your programs
Opportunity for observation of coaching skill
Physical and written competency test
Learn more about womenRYSE at www.womenRYSE.comAttend a womenRYSE training weekends in 2014 for just $395 (regular price $495). Sign up a month or more in advance, you will receive an additional $100 discount! That means you can become a certified womenRYSE coach for just $295. Why wait?womenRYSE refund policy: If for any reason you are unable to attend the training weekend you registered for, we will transfer your registration to another weekend within 12 months, if space is available. If you are not able to attend another retreat, we will refund your registration fees less the $95 non-refundable deposit.
- Vira Rasa
Vira Rasa- The Warrior
Sunday April 6
Immersion with Coral Brown
The Warrior embodies the energy of devotion, focus and commitment. This energy is grounded in grace, confidence and respect. Connect with your warrior essence in a dynamic Prana Flow that highlights the many attributes and expressions of Virabhadrasana (Warrior Pose).
- Shri Yogathon!!! Saturday April 12
Come support a fantastic program with a yoga event that lasts all day! Our very own Lori Mancini and Debbie Valois will be kicking off the first session of the day from 9-1030… Amazing teachers and classes all day!
$25 for each session
$75 for the whole day!
more info here….
- Head to Toes!
- With Debbie ValoisSaturday 4/12 from 1230-3$30A full elemental flow! Starting at the root with grounding and hip opening, working into water element with fluid movement and twisting, diving into the fire with core work, finding more space, more air with heart opening. Complete from the root to the crown wringing out any stagnate energy and bringing in the spring energy!!!!.
- Chakra Namaskar
- Sunday May 111230-230 $30Immersion with Coral BrownAccessing the chakras through our yoga practice can provide us with a deeper connection to our energetic centers. Chakra Namaskar, a Prana Flow® sequence allows us to steep in specific movement patterns correlating to each chakra. Through awareness combined with movement we will balance the energy body, as well as the physical and mental bodies.
- Hovering and Hangtime!
With Debbie Valois
Saturday 5/17 from 1230-3
$30More Arm Balance and upside down playtime!!! This is a chance to revisit some of the concepts that were introduced back in January but with more options to float, fly and freeze time! Lots get the fire in the belly stoked for summer!
- Rachel Brathen is coming August 2014!!!! SOLD OUT! Wait List Only!
Laughing Elephant Yoga, Rhode Island
08/15/2014 to 08/16/2014
Join us at beautiful Laughing Elephant Yoga in East Greenwich, Rhode Island for three fun workshops!
- Handstands 101
- Fly with LOVE
- Foundations of a Vinyasa
Registration is open!!!! this will sell out!!!!!