The Watering Hole
May 15, 2015
BreaktherUles. It’s already the middle of May, which means our #BreaktherUles campaign is halfway through. How many rules have you broken? Are you breaking rules you set for yourself or standards set by someone else? Strong. Silly. Uncomfortable. We’ve been offering a word a day and your vision of that word has been absolutely inspiring. Easy words on paper, sometimes hard to visually and verbally explore and explain. Grounded. Stiff. Adventurous. What do these words mean to you? What do
April 30, 2015
As we are shaking off the malaise of the long winter, and not-so warm Spring, we are kickstarting a new initiative that you must join! (alright…pretty please?…) BreaktheRules is a month-long, community driven Instagram/Facebook campaign, open to the Laughing Elephant Community and beyond. Participants will showcase their uniqueness and beauty by breaking rules, conventions and social mores through photos. Why has this happened? Because at Laughing Elephant Yoga we believe in more than the asana. We believe in the creativity
- Memorial Day Free Yoga at Goddard Park with Debbie
- Join the LEY community at Goddard Park for a free yoga class!!! Meet us at the “rocks.” Look for the balloons and signs at the first park entrance. From 9-1030 on Monday May 25, all levels and ages welcome ( our 4 legged friends are welcome too)If the weather is iffy we will take it back to the studio! Still FREE!
- Break the rUles
Express yourself in one picture that says it all.
Join us for the month of May on Facebook/Instagram for a unique challenge.
The deets: You will be given a word a day via Facebook (Laughing Elephant Yoga’s page) and Instagram (@laughingelephantyogausa). Express yourself with the camera as your canvas. Sure, it could be a yoga pose, but it doesn’t have to be. This is your interpretation.
We are looking for you to share your perspective with one word, one day and one picture at a time. And by sharing, maybe…just maybe…we can influence and encourage others to have the confidence and strength to be themselves. It may also be the perfect nudge for all of us to give a different perspective a chance.
Dare yourself to look past the stereotypical spandex.
Challenge yourself to be exactly who you are, in this moment.
Need an Instagram account but don’t know how?Creating an Account & Username
1. Download the Instagram app for iOS from the App Store, Android from Google Play Store or Windows Phone from the Windows Phone Store.
2. Once the app is installed, tap to open it.
3. Enter your email address and tap Next or tap Log In with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account.
4. If you register with email, create a username and password, fill out your profile info and then tap Done. If you register with Facebook, you’ll be prompted to log into your Facebook account if you’re currently logged out.How do I use hashtags?
If your posts are set to public, you can add hashtags to your photos and videos.
To tag a photo or video:
1. Take a photo/video and choose a filter.
2. On the screen you see after choosing a filter, type your hashtag in the Caption field
- For the LEY Facebook Challenge, we will be using the hashtag: #BreaktherUles
3. If you want to tag a post you’ve already uploaded, edit the caption or include your #hashtag in a comment on your photo.
After you tag your post with a hashtag, you’ll be able to tap the hashtag to see a page that shows all photos and videos people have uploaded with that hashtag.
- Intro to Yoga 4 week Series with Jayme Gray
Starting on Sunday 4/26, 5/10, 5/17 and 5/24 ( skipping the week of 5/3)
all sessions 3-530
$175 for seriesHave you ever left a yoga class with questions and a curiosity for what you just experienced? This course is designed for those wanting something deeper than just the physical movement and want to explore a deeper understanding of why we do what we do on the mat. course description. Yoga is a 3,000 year old spiritual science and physical discipline that consists of breath control, meditation, and asana (poses). This class will give you an introduction to learning basic poses, anatomy of movement, science and benefits, breathing techniques, meditation, ayurveda and a look into styles of yoga from the ancient and modern worlds course outcomes. -students will learn about yoga anatomy, science and benefits -students will explore their ayurvedic dosha and learn how to weave it into their daily routines -students will have a firm understanding of a Sun Salutation and basic yoga poses -students will learn about the histories of different yoga lineages from around the world -students will learn how to use yoga poses for their personal needs based on what they have learned in the class on physical, mental and emotional levels
- Radiant Core with Jessie Dwiggins
- Radiant Core – Saturday, May 9 from 12:30 – 3 PMIgnite your inner fires of pleasure and strength. Create luminosity in your core. Cultivating core strength makes you strong and resilient. Using your core during practice will help free you from common injuries and will cultivate intelligence and strength beyond the mat. Learn to reconnect to your intuition and core energy to feel strong and centered, develop self-awareness, and playful curiosity in poses. Explore and connect to your core in a new and refreshing way!
- Arm Balance Series with Debbie Valois and Josh Ball
Saturday 5/16. 6/6 and 7/11
1230-230Debbie Valois and Josh Ball are back for more! Arm balances, floating, surfing, and even finding some hangtime upside down !!!! this workshop is so much fun and they have so much to share, they just can’t get it done in one class! This program is a 3 session series.. the progression will be cumulative ( meaning we will start with more foundational pieces in the first session, and session 2 and 3 will be formatted with the thought that your body is remembering what we have done before) and wanting MORE… Can’t make all 3? you are still soooooo welcome to join us, just be ready to dive right in! Dates are Saturday 5/16, Saturday 6/6, and Saturday 7/11 all from 1230-230 $75 for all 3, or $30 to drop in Come join the fun!!!!
- Yoga- The Movement with Lori Mancini
Saturday May 23
suggested donation $15Join Lori Mancini for a sweet yoga flow class that will benefit different charities locally and globally. Suggested donation is $15, but whatever you can contribute is greatly appreciated… Help Be the Change
- Essential Oils and Yoga Workshop
Saturday, May 30th
12:30 a.m. –2:30 p.m. $30 workshop fee
RENEW: Encourage the Release of Toxins
Mindfully cleanse the old and make way for the new! Join us for our EssentialYogaProgram workshop’s combination of asanas with dōTERRA® essential oils. Feel rejuvenated from the inside out as the oils assist you to let go and create anew this month.
This all-levels workshop will introduce doTERRA essential oils aromatically, topically and internally to enhance and deepen our practice. Experience the powerful impact as we combine nature’s liquid plant essences with yoga.
Laughing Elephant owner Lori Mancini and doTERRA Wellness Advocate Michelle Neuner will introduce the EssentialYogaProgram in this unique two-hour workshop. Lori is a Producer with ESPN, Licensed Massage Therapist and Yoga Instructor. She has created a wonderful holistic community at Laughing Elephant. Michelle is a Licensed Massage Therapist and yogi who shares her knowledge and passion for essential oils.
- yoga and Running with Megan Eddy
Our bodies are not perfectly balanced. Our bodies compensate for our imbalances which cause tight muscles to get tighter and weak muscles get weaker. The repetitiveness of running further causes challenges . Yoga will help to strengthen weak muscles, lengthen tight muscles and improve range of motion. This class will introduce you to runner specific poses and routines you can use for all of your pre and post runs.
The mind is just as important as the physical body when it comes to running. Running is 90% mental. Train your mind and the body will follow. Using the breath as a tool to focus the mind, relax the body and conserve energy will make you a better runner. This class will teach you breathing techniques and will assist you in identifying wasted energy.
Saturdays beginning June 6
(june and July)
8:30 am- 9:45 am
30 minutes of yoga
30 minutes of running or walking or combo
15 minute cool down
$10 per session ( please register and pay online)
meet near the big rock at the first park entrance
All level runners and walkers welcome.