The Watering Hole
Color craziness on the front lawn of Laughing Elephant…. http://www.mavericksoul.org/blog/2016/9/18/true-colors
At first, there are no words, only feelings. Horrified. Grief. Hatred. Sadness. Anger. Fear. Emptiness. Heartbroken. Loss. Pain. Darkness. Overwhelmed. Hopeless. Helpless. Breathe. Breathe it all in and then exhale all the tension and negativity. And then the words will come. Hope. Forgive. Empathy. Acceptance. Solace. Community. Unity. And most of all….love. LOVE IS LOVE IS LOVE IS LOVE. Love big. Love fierce. And for God’s sake: LOVE ALL. Lori
- Essential Oils with Michelle Nuener
Essential Oils with Michelle
Please join us for a series of experiential classes using doTERRA Essential Oils and Wellness Products. Class are FREE and attendees can win Essential Oil gifts!
December 7th at 7:15PM
ESSENTIAL EMOTIONS – HOLIDAYS WILL BE JOYFUL!
Most health issues are caused by many things but toxic overload can be a major factor. We are consistently exposed to toxins in cleaning products, processed foods, in our water and pollution. Join us in learning how this simple 30 day detox will help increase your energy, help you sleep better and help you look younger. Whether well or sick detoxing should be part of your health care.
Register at LaughingElephant.com or text Michelle 401-225-2021
- Free Holiday Eve Yoga Flow!!!!
Come join us for FREE Yoga!!!! Start your celebrations with us!
Saturday December 24 from 9-1015 with Lori and Debbie
and then on
Saturday December 31 from 9-1015 with Lori and Sharon
Donations will be taken for the East Greenwich Animal Protection League
View their wishlist here
- How to Write: Yoga and Journaling Workshop Series
How to Write: Yoga and Journaling Workshop Series
Find your voice. Witness yourself. Discover sudden insights. Recognize mental stories (samskara). Rewrite the narrative you want to live, everyday. All it takes it some movement – and a blank page.
How to Write is a yoga and creative workshop series for students of all levels who are curious to combine the breath and body movement of yoga with guided, journaling savasana, turning the yoga practice into a powerful catalyst for fluid, empowered self-expression.
Attend one workshop, or attend them all: you’ll be guided into an intimate, personal relationship to self-expression through the marriage of yoga and self-observation through simple, effortless, no-pressure journaling.
Sat, Oct 29 – 4:30-6:30 PM
Sat, Nov 19 – 4:30-6:30 PM
Sat, Dec 10 – 4:30-6:30 PM
Sat, Jan 7 – 4:30-6:30 PM
You don’t need to be “a writer” to benefit from writing. Dave Ursillo is a Yoga Alliance certified yoga teacher (RYT-200), 11-time author and writer whose teachings revolve around helping people express themselves to live their best lives and make the world a better place.
From catharsis to self-awareness, healing and powerful intention-setting, the space of a journal is all you need to unlock innate personal power. You’ll learn how to give your ideas a place to go, and how a simple writing practice will empower you to stay in harmonious relationship to your True Self through thick and thin.
Every workshop, students will engage in:
– 5-Minute Creative Exercise to Jumpstart Right-Brain Expansion
– Short Group Q+A and Dialogue on Struggles around Self-Expression
– Vinyasa Flow Sequence Designed for Enhanced Self-Expression
– Guided Journaling Savasana
– Suggested Journaling Prompts for Next Time
$30/Session When Purchased Separately ($120 Total)
Or, Sign Up for All 4 Ahead of Time and Save 15% ($100 Total)
- This is your Brain on Yoga Part 2 with Shane Sauer- Breathe
On Saturday January 7 from 1230-4
This is Your Brain on Yoga – Part 2, Breathe
Who is this workshop for?
•“Prove-it-to-me” skeptics who doubt the scientific benefits of yoga
•Devoted yogis who want to dive deeper into their practice
•Anyone who may feel inhibited by pain and limited flexibility
What’s it about?
Both yoga and modern neuroscience agree: the mind-body connection is real. And that with some basic knowledge about it, you can improve your yoga practice, life and overall health.
What will we learn?
You’ll learn why vision and balance are our mind’s most important sensory inputs and how yoga strengthens them both. You’ll explore how breathing is vital to connecting mind to body, how it improves your focus and yoga practice, and the other physical benefits of breathing exercises.
What will we do?
Several short science lessons (taught in a down-to-earth way), each followed by simple physical exercises that let you practice what we learn right away. We’ll finish with a 60-minute yoga practice and meditation that will place everything into the bigger picture—so you can take the benefits to future yoga sessions as well as into your everyday life.
- The Wicked Basics ℠ – What We Do in Yoga
- The Wicked Basics ℠ – What We Do in Yoga (and Why)$30 – Sunday January 8 from 12-230 PM
“Where do I put my feet? Why are you making it seem like I’m breathing wrong? What’s with the noises we make? Is yoga really 5,000 years old, or was it invented in the 1960s?”
The Wicked Basics with LEY’s own Dave Ursillo is a 2-hour workshop for first-timers, beginners, and even experienced yogis who are curious to explore the absolute fundamentals of yoga, from what to expect in a yoga class to a look into yoga’s ancient history.
In This Workshop, You’ll Learn…
i) PHILOSOPHY & THE HUMAN EXPERIENCE
– 5,000 Years Yoga in 1-Minute or Less (Give or Take)
– Ancient, or Modern? (The Evolution of Modern Day Yoga)
– Trace Yo Roots (Family Tree from the Grandfather of Yoga to You)
ii) ASANA, ALIGNMENT & ENJOYING YOUR FLOW
– Yoga’s Circles of Trust (Or, an Introduction to the Koshas)
– How to Breathe (Basics of Pranayama)
– Sit, Fido, Stay (Simplifying Your Downward Dog)
– This Ain’t Your Granddaddy’s Pushup (Fundamentals of Chatturanga Dandasana)
– Where Do I Put My Feet? (Warrior I and Warrior II Foot Patterns)
This is the second time we’re putting the workshop on – now, 30 minutes longer, but still just $30 per student, to add to the value of your wicked experience!
Includes group lecture, demonstration and a short practice sequence to try out what you learn. Dress to move!
Dave Ursillo is a Yoga Alliance certified yoga teacher (ERYT-200), 11-time author, writer and professional storyteller. In his writings, workshops, and teachings, Dave helps everyday yogis, creatives and self-starter personalities express themselves through breath, body movement and artistry. He wants to show you how to live and thrive at the crossroads of “being your best Self” and making the world a better place.
- Winter Wall workshop with Sharon
Saturday January 14 from 1230-230 $30
Winter Wall Workshop
Yoga and Walls? YES! We all need a little help from our friend the wall every once in awhile! Walls make great props as we move deeper into poses, and lend security and support when we try something new!
Join me at LEY for a different take on familiar poses (and some unfamiliar ones that you may have always wanted to try!) as we jump on and off the mat and journey deeper into poses. It will change the way you view proper alignment!
No experience necessary. The workshop will offer options for everyone.
- Am I Hungry , A Mindful Eating Program with Jessie Dwiggins
- Starting January 9, 2017- February 27, 2017Meeting Monday nights from 6-7:30pm$325 with booksAm I Hungry?® Mindful Eating ProgramFinally! A program to stop the diet rollar coaster so you can eat what you love without guilt – and live a healthy life.What You’ll Learn:Discover simple, yet powerful approaches for knowing when, what, and how much to eat. Overcome emotional and mindless eating. Eat the foods that you love without guilt – or overeating.Choose nourishing foods – without confusing nutrition jargon or diet rules. Find ways of moving your body that you truly enjoy and aren’t punishment for eating. Free up all the energy you lose obsessing about food or your body to build health and joy.Are you ready to find your inner expert?
- Restorative Yoga with Megan and Aeriel
Saturday January 28 from 4-6pm
Full details soon!
- Yoga Tuneup Workshop with Jessie
Saturday January 29 from 1230-230
More details coming soon!
- Embody Love Facilitator Training with Debbie Valois
Friday February 3 ( evening Session) 6-9
Saturday and Sunday 2/4 and 2/5 from 9-4
Embody Love Movement® Facilitator Training
A Training Course On How To Facilitate Embody Love Movement Workshops
Debbie Valois 500ERYT will provide a 15-hour weekend training in how to facilitate this inspirational program, with access to each of the curriculae. This weekend training course is for any self-empowered woman, including therapists, educators, yoga instructors, and moms, who feel inspired to offer our workshops to schools, camps, community centers, yoga studios, and other non-profit organizations.
What is a Facilitator?
Facilitators are women who lovingly share Embody Love Movement’s revolutionary programs in studios, schools, camps, community centers and other non-profit organizations. The workshops that they facilitate focus on emotional expression, exposing media myths, changing the conversation from criticism to kindness, and recognizing self-worth and purpose.
How facilitators make a difference: This training provides facilitators with the ability to inspire girls and women who participate in our programs to:
♥ Value who they are internally over their external appearance
♥ Be empowered to change the conversation from criticism to kindness
♥ Stop comparing themselves to a false idea of beauty and to others
♥ Find inspiration to embrace their purpose in the world About The Training & Certification
The weekend immersion will include:
♥ Participation in an Inner Beauty Shop led by Debbie Valois
♥ The being and doing of facilitation: holding safe space
♥ Projection, transference, and shadow work in groups
♥ Using yoga as a tool to find and keep body acceptance
♥ Finding your voice and sharing your truth: story telling that heals
♥ The detriments of body shaming and comparison
♥ Teaching media literacy and demystifying standard of beauty
♥ Practice, practice, practice of facilitation through role play
♥ How to spread the LOVE revolution to your community
Debbie is honored to have been trained and is currently mentored by Dr Melody Moore, Founder Embody Love Movement.
This workshop is limited to 20 participants. There will be plenty of individual instruction, Q&A time, and practice sessions with feedback. As an Embody Love Movement® certified facilitator, you will leave feeling empowered and prepared to take workshop programs into your community. Who better than you, and when better than now? Training costs are $395 per person, which covers the entire weekend. There is also a payment plan options to pay $50 or $100 payments
- 2017 Yoga Teacher Training- 200 Hour YTT with Coral Brown Initiate, Integrate, Illuminate.
Starting February 2017
200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
with Coral Brown LMHC, e-RYT 500 and Guest Teachers
A teacher of teachers, Coral Brown is known for her integrative, lighthearted approach that fuses the energetic, creative energy of vinyasa yoga with her experience as a holistic counselor. Coral is a licensed mental health counselor and draws on 20 years experience of in yoga, philosophy, and holistic counseling to provide fertile, open space for the processes of healing and transformation. She has trained in the Iyengar and Jivamukti methods and is a senior teacher of Prana Vinyasa flow, leading teacher trainings, retreats and workshops worldwide. Coral is a regular contributor to Yoga Journal and has featured classes on Yoga Vibes and OneOEight.com. Learn more at CoralBrown.net
This 200hr teacher training program is a yoga alliance certified Prana Vinyasa style training. Students can expect in depth exploration, study and practice in the following areas of yoga.
- Study yoga philosophy and the 5,000-year-old history of yoga, with special attention to Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and The Bhagavad Gita.
- Cultivate your personal relationship to yoga, and learn how to live your yoga, on and off the mat.
- Become more body-aware as we learn basics of anatomy, physiology and injury prevention.
- Learn yogic breathing (pranayama), the chakra system and subtle body anatomy as tools for deepening your personal practice and skill set as a teacher.
- Explore basic principles and philosophy of Ayurveda, the sister-science of yoga, for enhancing self-care and awareness.
- Learn the ethics and business of yoga
- Build a toolkit for making a meaningful living from teaching yoga including: how to tell your story and write a professional bio that gets you quality work, and how to stay true to yourself while navigating and benefiting from social media.
- Explore the five movements of prana that serve as the underlying flow of yoga
- Cultivate the flow of prana through asana, pranayama, drishti, and the use of the bandhas.
- Acquire the principles and practice of creative and effective sequencing (beginner and intermediate flows). Learn the ritual and structure of a yoga class: opening, namaskar, waves, peak poses, counter-poses and closing.
- Discover teaching methodologies and integration of the essential yoga principles including bandhas, pranayama, and meditation.
- Develop your objective observation skills, techniques for hands-on adjustments, use of yoga props, verbal cues and other tools.
- Learn the breakdown of the family of asanas, exploring key actions of asanas and recognizing common misalignments.
- Learn fundamentals of yoga including Surya Namaskar, Chandra Namaskar, Classical Namaskar, and four Dancing Warrior Sequences to enhance your self-practice and teach to others.
- Understand, apply and teach sequencing principles such as vinyasa krama, wave sequencing and the 3-part vinyasa method.
- Learn to create vinyasa combinations for both beginner, intermediate, and mixed-level students that are safe, effective and inspired.
- Continuous practice teaching and teaching labs to bring out your authentic teaching voice and style.
Each weekend immersion is Friday 4:00pm-9:00pm and Sat/Sun 8 am-6pm
- February 24
- March 10
- March 31
- April 21
- May 5
- May 19
- June 9
Investment: $2600 (payment plans are available $400 per month over 6 months, month #7 is $92)
*This cost covers all weekend modules, monthly Prana Flow Immersions, and a comprehensive manual written by Shiva Rea.
*For those interested in deepening their practice without teacher- training certification the investment is $2300.
*As a registered student you will also enjoy special discounts at Laughing Elephant Yoga on workshops, yoga classes and clothing purchases.
- The desire and commitment to deepen your knowledge and love of Yoga.
- The ability to compassionately share space, thus creating a sacred environment for learning and transformation.
- The will to surrender to the flow of your natural life rhythms.
Program Requirements for Certification:
- Attend all weekend modules
- Attend 10 public yoga classes with Coral, Debbie or an approved teacher.
- 3 Living Sadhana Cycles
- Embodiment Project
- Sacred Reading List and Book Projects
- Final Exam; written and practical
- Complete two online study modules with Shiva
Complete and return the below application with a non-refundable $108 deposit to
Laughing Elephant Yoga
4372 Post Rd East Greenwich RI 02818
All questions should be referred to Debbie Valois at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spring Equinox Restorative Yoga with Megan and Aeriel
Saturday March 18 from 4-6pm
Full details coming soon!