The Watering Hole
Authored by Dave Ursillo (RYT-200), who teaches at Laughing Elephant Yoga on Mondays at 6:30 PM and Tuesdays at 12:15 PM. As a yoga teacher at Laughing Elephant Yoga, I’ve found that many new yogis begin their journey into yoga because they are searching for a form of physicality and movement that can help them feel good, healthy and strong in their bodies — without the usual stress and strain of calorie-burning workout programs. I first explored yoga because I was curious to
My whole life is based on movement. I crisscross the country as a sports producer for ESPN, joining my merry band of tv misfits along the road to creative brilliance. I also co-own a yoga studio in East Greenwich, RI, a way station for souls who come for the physical and stay for the spiritual and community acceptance. So what happens when that movement comes to a grinding halt? When you have to find other ways to be flexible? In
- AromaTouch Technique with Michelle- Free Essential Oils class
Monday May 23 from 415pm-515pm
On Saturday May 28 from 915- 1015
Free Essential Oil Class
AromaTouch Technique with Michelle
When it comes to essential oils, everyone wants to have a method of application that is simple and effective in many situations. The Aromatouch Technique was created by Dr. Hill to provide you with a wonderful essential oil experience. We will review the 8 oils used in this technique, which is traditionally done on the back in and feet. In this class, everyone will give and receive the hand technique version. This is equally as wonderful to share with your family and friends.
- Free yoga at Goddard Park!
Come join us on Monday May 30 from 9-1030 for our Best If RI award winning FREE yoga at Goddard Park! All Levels, all ages! Well behaved doggies invited too!!!!
Debbie will guide your way ( by running around and screaming like a maniac ) for this playful class in the grass!
Beach towel is recommended …
Please leave your valuables at home or trunk it! we had a party pooper a couple of years ago so don’t leave your things on your car seat
We meet near the “big rock” first entrance to the park… There will be signs and balloons….
- Moving Mindfully with Lori Mancini and Debbie Valois
PLEASE NOTE NEW DATE!!!!
Had to make a schedule change due to the Wide World of Sports ( Lori is just too good at both of her jobs, so they stole her from us on 4/16)
Lori and Debbie Flair…check.
Come move with us as we lead and engaging and thought provoking workshop to help you better understand the nuances of yoga. It’s part structure and part “feel”, and it may change your perspective on your own practice
- Lotus Life Trunk Show
Saturday June 4 from 10-1
- Seane Corn Returns!!! June 10-12
- Sunday is sold out! Drop in sessions are available for Friday and/or sessions Saturday… $85 eachSeane Corn will be here in June! Full descriptions of workshops are to come, but believe me, anytime spent with Seane is AMAZING so don’t hesitate to check any of the times out that work for you! You can register for individual sessions for $85 each, or all 4 sessions for $290. Payment is required with registration, but if you need to cancel we will refund your payment! Only select a specific a date if you are doing single session… the full weekend will register automatically….here is some more about Seane…Seane Corn is an internationally celebrated yoga teacher known for her impassioned activism, unique self-expression, and inspirational style of teaching. Featured in commercials, magazines, NPR, and Oprah.com, Seane now utilizes her national platform to bring awareness to global humanitarian issues. In 2005, she was named “National Yoga Ambassador” for YouthAIDS, and in 2013 was given the “Global Green International Environmental Leadership Award.” Since 2007, she has been training leaders of activism through her co-founded organization Off the Mat, Into the World®. Seane has spent time in the US, India, Cambodia, Haiti and Africa working with communities in need- teaching yoga, providing support for child labor and educating people about HIV/AIDS prevention. Seane is also co-founder of the Seva Challenge Humanitarian Tours, which have raised roughly $4.5 million since 2007, getting the yoga community involved in fund and awareness raising efforts across the globe. Her self-authored dvds are available through Gaiam and Yoga Journal, as well as her most recent ground-breaking 3-dvd set “The Yoga of Awakening” through Sounds True. She is currently working on her first book. www.seanecorn.com
- Yoga and Running with Megan Eddy
Saturdays beginning June 11
and runs till July 23
Our bodies are not perfectly balanced. Our bodies compensate for our imbalances which cause tight muscles to get tighter and weak muscles get weaker. The repetitiveness of running further causes challenges . Yoga will help to strengthen weak muscles, lengthen tight muscles and improve range of motion. This class will introduce you to runner specific poses and routines you can use for all of your pre and post runs.
The mind is just as important as the physical body when it comes to running. Running is 90% mental. Train your mind and the body will follow. Using the breath as a tool to focus the mind, relax the body and conserve energy will make you a better runner. This class will teach you breathing techniques and will assist you in identifying wasted energy.
Saturdays beginning June 11
and runs till July 23
8:30 am- 10 am
30 minutes of yoga
30 minutes of running or walking or combo
15 minute cool down
$10 per session ( please register and pay online)
meet near the big rock at the first park entrance
- Donation Based Community Class
This will be a class taught by recent students of the 200 hour teacher training program. This is a wonderful opportunity for you to get some yoga while an up and coming teacher will be able to share with you their wonderful gift of teaching…. This class is on a donation basis…..
Sunday June 26
- Embody Love Movement for teen girls 13-19 yrs old
This sessions on Monday June 27 from 3-6 is for Teen Girls from ages 13-19
The Embody Love Workshop will take you on a transformational journey into self acceptance. Women will be given the opportunity to see themselves and their peers through new lenses, ones that do not condition love based on external appearance or limit worthiness to a particular waist size… Lets create a conversation that moves away from “i’m so fat”, “i’m too thin”, “i don’t look good enough” to “I have Purpose”and I am worthy of love and respect”, and ” I have so much to offer”…
This is an interactive workshop that does include a 50 minute yoga practice.. In addition to that we have discussion around Media Literacy, a Body Image Project, Change Your Talk, Make a Commitment, and a Journey to Self Inquiry
This experience will be guided by Debbie Valois who is honored to be a certified facilitator of this program developed by Melody Moore, founder of the Embody Love Movement
cost is $25 and your full payment will be donated back to the Embody Love Movement
- Happy To Be Here! With MC Yogi and Amanda Giamcomini
- Thursday August 4, 2016 6-8pm $70Taught by MC Yogi and Amanda GiacominiHappy To Be Here!Stoked, Inspired, Grateful, these are just a few words that describe the feelings of being truly awake, present and happy just to be alive. In this easygoing vinyasa yoga class we’ll drop into that sweet space where we can allow these good feelings to naturally unfold inside us, giving rise to the experience of feeling truly blessed.
Taught by MC Yogi and Amanda GiacominiMC YOGI
From headlining music festivals to teaching some of the biggest yoga classes in America, MC YOGI is widely becoming known as yoga’s modern day ambassador to the West. “We want to make sure that we’re not skimming the surface. As yoga evolves in America it’s really our responsibility to dig down and discover where it comes from, how it relates to us, and how we can really move it forward so that it can benefit humanity…” – MC YOGI With three #1 World albums and hundreds of appearances each year, MC YOGI’S music is moving yoga to large, mainstream audiences. MC YOGI & his wife Amanda Giacomini have performed and taught at The White House, Stanford University,The Smithsonian, SF Asian Art Museum, Dallas Asian Art Museum & more. MC YOGI has given a Ted Talk as well as taught at Juvenile hall and at Hanna Boys Center for at risk youth, in Northern California.
Amanda Giacomini has dedicated her life to uplifting people and creating more beauty in the world through yoga and art. From teaching yoga at the White House to presenting at some of the biggest yoga festivals, conferences and Asian Art museums in the world, Amanda infuses the ancient teachings with creativity and joy. Her journey in yoga began in 1994, and she continues to study with many great Indian and Western masters.
In 2001, along with her husband, MC YOGI, she founded Yoga Toes Studio in Point Reyes, CA. She has been featured in Yoga International, Origins, Marin Magazine, Happiness + Wellbeing as well as appearing the cover of Yoga Journal and Mantra Magazine. As an artist, she created an award winning series of children’s books, called Mo’s Nose, that feature her beloved rescued pit bull, Mo, as the main character. She has a catalog of paintings inspired by her yoga and spiritual practice. Currently she is working on a project to paint 10,000 Buddhas.
- Color- Full Yoga with Lori Mancini
Saturday, September 17th
What do you get when you combine a fantastic yoga class with brightly colored powder?
A whole lotta fun!!!!!
You get to do yoga, douse color on your fellow participants, and you get to sweat glitter! Smiles and laughter are guaranteed. A whole lotta crazy colorful fun!!! This will be the brightest class evah! Color yourself happy!!!!
Please wear something white to class, and beach towels as opposed to mats are encouraged.
Debbie and bunch of the other teachers will be there too making your day more color-FULL!
- Vinyasa Krama- A Master Class with Theresa Murphy
On Sunday October 16 from 1230-230 Come experience Theresa Murphy at LEY!!!!
To register click here
Come immerse yourself in the depths of asana practice.
The word vinyasa is composed of two words: vi = order + nyasa = placement; and the word krama means “the uninterrupted sequence of events from beginning to end”; so the entire term means “the ordered placement of the sequence of events.”
Usually shortened simply to “vinyasa,” it refers to a flowing sequence of asanas linked by breath and intention. In this special class we’ll go thru a complete practice in that we’ll move in all directions.
This class is for seasoned students of asana, as we will practice more complex shapes and advanced asana. My definition of an advanced student, however, is one who knows how to take care of themselves and how to modify more complex shapes into shapes that are digestible for them.
It’s encouraged that students attending this class can push up into urdhva dhanurasana, kick up to handstand, can fully flex (bend) both knees, and can fold into lotus (or know how to modify). Students with less experience are welcome, but might learn more by watching at times!
Want to know more about Theresa ? click here
- 2017 Yoga Teacher Training- 200Hr Vinyasa Flow with Coral Brown Initiate, Integrate, Illuminate.
Initiate, Integrate, Illuminate…..
Yoga Teacher Training
200Hr Vinyasa Flow with Coral Brown 500ERYT
Full details coming soon, but save the dates!!!
7 weekends in 2017
Friday night 4-9
Saturday and Sunday 8-6