The Watering Hole
October 14, 2014
In no particular order: Beach days are a necessity for peace of mind. Never give up, even on your darkest days. Keep pushing those creative edges…flirt with boundaries. The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea. ~Isak Dineson Listen more. Read. Good friends are priceless. Magic just..happens. Finish what you start. Self care is not selfish. Learning to just be is really hard. Breathe. Change is inevitable. Strength is not always physical. Just keep moving. Never,
August 26, 2014
It starts with attitude. And ends with bhavana. (feeling) And in between? An ever evolving energetic imprint of a community that calls this practice space home. Our hopes, fears, triumphs, failures, tears and laughter. It’s all here, left on a mat. But when the mat is rolled up and neatly put away, the energy of the practice remains, seeping into the floors and walls to form the core of this Sangha, this community. This is the Soul of a studio.
- Observe, Honor and Activate with Coral Brown
Sunday March 1
Immersion with Coral Brown
Taking the time to examine our selves reveals our habits, cravings, repetitive behaviors, and ultimately illuminates our shadows. These shadows can drive our subconscious choices and fuel our aversions. Unless we become aware of these patterns, we tend to hit the repeat button and perpetuate our current habits. Yoga helps to remind us to be radically authentic, which means embracing our dark and our light. This practice will support our process by moving deeply into the hips, the heart and the shoulders. Observe, Honor and Activate the illumination of the Self!
- Functional Anatomy for Yoga
Friday 3/13 from 4-9, Saturday 3/14 from 8-3
with Ericka Fryburg Gardiner
This module will cover anatomy as it functions in the yoga practice.. Part of the 200 TT, but this module is open to the public…The full session is friday night and saturday….
- Equinox Flow- Building the Balance between the Darkness and the Light w Debbie
Saturday March 21
$30Lets shake off the winter and welcome spring!!!! We will start with a fiery practice that will warm up the body and soul and then we will take advantage of that warmth to create more space in our bodies with long stretchy movement…. Finding the balance between the light and the dark… the agni ( fire) and the jala (water).. Lets make some steam!All the money earned from this workshop will be donated to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to help our student and cancer survivor Lindsay Bailer reach her donation goal to potentially get the Woman of the Year award!
- Thai Partner Workshop with Sheri Silva
Thai Yoga Partner Massage
Workshop with Sheri Silva
NEW DATE DUE TO SNOW
Sunday March 22 from 1-330
$35 per person
Join Sheri on February 15 for our wonderful Thai Yoga Workshop. Thai Yoga Bodywork is an ancient healing art originating in Thailand 2,500 years ago which merges Yoga, Buddhist philosophy, and Ayurvedic teachings. This beautiful and dynamic practice gradually works the energy lines of the body through gentle movement to release tension and energetic blockages to allow your body to heal and thrive. This practice is performed on a padded cushion on the floor and is performed fully clothed. This deeply relaxing art will leave you feeling balanced, calm and renewed. This partner workshop combines simple assisted yoga postures, acupressure and gentle stretching to unwind the body, calm the mind and practice the art of loving kindness (metta) towards another. This workshop is for anyone. The work will be done in pairs so bring a friend or we can always find one for you!
- Spring Cleaning – an Immersion with Coral Brown
Sunday March 29
The changing of seasons offers an opportunity to clear out patterns and habits and reconnect with our authentic self. This practice reminds us that we are the cause of our lives, that we manifest our reality. Through a fortifying, fire-based practice, we will honor, accept and transcend the fears that limit us from being the change we wish to see in ourselves and in the world. Within this class, multi-dimensional sequencing will allow us to integrate standing poses, backbends, forward bends, twists and hip openers to open our bodies and minds for the coming of spring.
- Open your Heart with Debbie Valois
- Saturday 4/18 from 1230-3$30Create more space in your body for love and joy by opening your shoulders , chest, back…. Cracking ourselves out of the cold weather shell by opening up the heart space and letting the air in… Maybe even welcoming in a scorpion ?!?
- Inner Beauty Workshop
- Sunday April 191230-330$25The inner Beauty Workshop will take you on a transformational journey into self acceptance. Women will be given the opportunity to see themselves and their peers through new lenses, ones that do not condition love based on external appearance or limit worthiness to a particular waist size… Lets create a conversation that moves away from “i’m so fat”, “i’m too thin”, “i don’t look good enough” to “I have Purpose”and I am worthy of love and respect”, and ” I have so much to offer”…This is an interactive workshop that does include a 50 minute yoga practice.. In addition to that we have discussion around Media Literacy, a Body Image Project, Change Your Talk, Make a Commitment, and a Journey to Self InquiryThis experience will be guided by Debbie Valois who is honored to be a certified facilitator of this program developed by Melody Moore, founder of the Embody Love Movementcost is $25 and your full payment will be donated back to the Embody Love MovementSession is limited to 16 womenthis session is for women ages 20+ … Teen sessions will be coming soon
- Intro to Yoga 4 week Series with Jayme Gray
Starting on Sunday 4/26, 5/10, 5/17 and 5/24 ( skipping the week of 5/3)
all sessions 3-530
$175 for seriesHave you ever left a yoga class with questions and a curiosity for what you just experienced? This course is designed for those wanting something deeper than just the physical movement and want to explore a deeper understanding of why we do what we do on the mat. course description. Yoga is a 3,000 year old spiritual science and physical discipline that consists of breath control, meditation, and asana (poses). This class will give you an introduction to learning basic poses, anatomy of movement, science and benefits, breathing techniques, meditation, ayurveda and a look into styles of yoga from the ancient and modern worlds course outcomes. -students will learn about yoga anatomy, science and benefits -students will explore their ayurvedic dosha and learn how to weave it into their daily routines -students will have a firm understanding of a Sun Salutation and basic yoga poses -students will learn about the histories of different yoga lineages from around the world -students will learn how to use yoga poses for their personal needs based on what they have learned in the class on physical, mental and emotional levels
- Arm Balance Series with Debbie Valois and Josh Ball
Saturday 5/16. 6/6 and 7/11
1230-230Debbie Valois and Josh Ball are back for more! Arm balances, floating, surfing, and even finding some hangtime upside down !!!! this workshop is so much fun and they have so much to share, they just can’t get it done in one class! This program is a 3 session series.. the progression will be cumulative ( meaning we will start with more foundational pieces in the first session, and session 2 and 3 will be formatted with the thought that your body is remembering what we have done before) and wanting MORE… Can’t make all 3? you are still soooooo welcome to join us, just be ready to dive right in! Dates are Saturday 5/16, Saturday 6/6, and Saturday 7/11 all from 1230-230 $75 for all 3, or $30 to drop in Come join the fun!!!!
- Yoga- The Movement with Lori Mancini
Saturday May 23
suggested donation $15Join Lori Mancini for a sweet yoga flow class that will benefit different charities locally and globally. Suggested donation is $15, but whatever you can contribute is greatly appreciated… Help Be the Change