The Watering Hole
A member of our community asked me yesterday what Seva meant. Seva is a sanskrit term for selfless service, a tidy explanation for sometimes untidy work. The best example I came up with was a shelter. Those who run shelters do the work most of us turn away from: caring for those that are sick, recovering, unwanted and lost. Those beings, two and four legged, who are UNSEEN. Shelter workers lean in when most people lean back. They tirelessly
- Wellness Wednesdays with Michelle!
Wellness Wednesdays with Michelle!
Essential Oil Experiential Classes & RAFFLE
July 26th – 7:15PM – Essential Oils 101
Come experience essential oils and learn how to take charge of your health,
naturally!Essential oils are nature’s “liquid medicine” that have been around for 1,000’s of years and are used by many cultures around the world.. Most of us have heard of them, but not really understood their therapeutic power. Come have some fun trying them and learning more!
August 23rd – 7:15PM – Restore and Renew Detox
Most health issues are caused by many things but toxic overload can be a major
factor. We are consistently exposed to toxins in cleaning products, processed foods, in our water and pollution. Join us in learning how this simple 30 day detox will help increase your energy, help you sleep better and help you look younger. Whether well or sick detoxing should be part of your wellness plan.
September 20th – 7:15PM- Shift Your Mood with Essential Oils
Do you feel out of control with your emotions? Join us in learning what emotions are? How they are created and how essential oils can help us shift to a better mood. I addition you will also learn the AromaTouch Hand Technique which will be paired with your emotion oil. You won’t want to miss this class!!
If you have questions? Michelle Neuner, doTERRA Wellness Advocate 401-225-2021 email@example.com
More Information: www.mydoterra.com/michelleneuner
- Yoga and Summer Wine Series
Yoga and Summer Wine Series with Torie and Derek
$45 each session
must be 21!
OVERALL MISSION: Bringing awareness to the connection between wine and the human experience on earth, and helping yogis experience well made healthy and natural wine created as a reflection of small, sometimes forgotten corners of the world.
Friday July 28 from 7-9 pm
Beach wines made from grapes grown under costal influence, taste the flavors of beach rose, ocean air, and tropical fruits. These are wines for back porches, lawn chairs, and warm evenings with summer time seafood.
Friday August 25 from 7-9
Biodynamic and farm-produced wines from Austria, a country quietly full of masters of winemaking. We will be tasting some truly unique and expressive wines that are produced straight from the ground with as little intervention as possible.
ABOUT TORIE: Torie Gehlmeyer is a yoga instructor, herbal mixologist, clinical herbalist and restaurant photographer-marketer who helps the health conscious (and occasional curious drinker) to take health maintenance and protection into their own hands through fun classes and clever workshops. Once an aspiring brand manager for eco-conscious businesses, Torie left her desk job believing there was a better way to get people to tread lighter on this planet while taking better care of their health. Today, Torie teaches yoga and herb classes that help her students gain a better understanding of their own bodies, and how to enhance health through the power of plants. Take one of Torie’s weekly yoga classes at Laughing Elephant.
ABOUT DEREK: A wine geek who has been working his way down the sommelier path, and in the process, discovered that the journey which grapes undergo to become wine is a reflection of everything that makes humanity what we are today. He prefers to seek out hidden gems from lonely corners of the world, wines crafted by small families with honest intentions letting the ground in which the grapes are grown express the personality of that specific place in the world.
- This is Your Brain on Yoga Series with Shane Sauer
Every other Thursday in August
8/3, 8/17, 8/31
$60 for the series
Who is this workshop for?
• “Prove-it-to-me” skeptics who doubt yoga’s scientific benefits
• Devoted yogis who want to dive deeper into their practice
• Anyone who may feel inhibited by pain and limited flexibility
What’s it about?
Both yoga and modern neuroscience agree: the mind-body connection is real. With some basic knowledge about it, you can improve your yoga practice, exercise routine, life and overall health.
What will we learn?
You’ll learn how your brain controls pain and mobility, and how some simple movements can help you reduce pain while improving performance. You’ll explore how breathing is vital to connecting mind and body, and what you can do to strengthen your breathing. The results may give you a better yoga practice, improve your exercise routine, or make everyday life easier.
What will we do?
Several short science lessons (taught in a down-to-earth way), each followed by simple physical exercises that let you practice what you learn right away. By then end, you’ll know exactly what exercises to do so you can take the benefits into future yoga sessions or exercise routines as well as into your everyday life.
- Embody Love Workshop for Teen Girls ages 15-18
- This sessions is for Teen Girls from ages 15-18:)Guided by Lyndsy Tainsh and Katie MarshallMonday August 14 from 6-830 pm$25The Embody Love Workshop will take you on a transformational journey into self acceptance and self confidence. Young ladies will be given the opportunity to see themselves and their peers through new lenses, ones that do not condition love based on external appearance or limit worthiness to a particular waist size. They will learn to create a conversation that moves away from physical appearance and focuses on intellectual worth and the beauty of their minds. This workshop is not just about body image and eating issues, but also about acknowledging our worth in our family life, relationships with others, and our school work.
This is an interactive workshop that does include a 50 minute gentle flow yoga practice. The workshop includes discussions around media literacy and social influences, includes a body image project, works on changing self talk, and leads to a path positive self worth. Perfect for heading to college and feeling confident with your voice, body, and mind.This session is limited to 25 ladies
- Embody Love Workshop with Jessie Dwiggins and Sharon Mcguire
- Monday August 216-9pm$25The Embody Love Workshop will take you on a transformational journey into self acceptance. Women will be given the opportunity to see themselves and their peers through new lenses, ones that do not condition love based on external appearance or limit worthiness to a particular waist size… Lets create a conversation that moves away from “i’m so fat”, “i’m too thin”, “i don’t look good enough” to “I have Purpose”and I am worthy of love and respect”, and ” I have so much to offer”… This workshop is not just about body image and eating issues, but also about acknowledging our worth in our work, family life, relationships with others and changing the conversations we have our selves to be a much more positive one 🙂This is an interactive workshop that does include a 50 minute yoga practice.. In addition to that we have discussion around Media Literacy, a Body Image Project, Change Your Talk, Make a Commitment, and a Journey to Self Inquiry
cost is $25 and your full payment will be donated back to the Embody Love MovementSession is limited to 30 womenthis session is for women ages 20+ …Here is feedback from a past attendee… 🙂Embody Love Movement. What an amazing, live changing experience. I attended a workshop when the mindset of learning about other people; I never thought I would have learned so much about myself. This workshop changed my perspective and my inner thoughts. I learned, listened, cried and experienced so much love and support from all the other ladies’ participating. It was remarkable to learn about how others speak to themselves- the constant judgment, specifically- and to eventually realize the thoughts I was having on a daily basis. I discovered so much about my relationships with others and why I react the way I do to certain circumstances. The subconscious thoughts I had been suppressing for years- finally came up to the surface—what a relief. This workshop gave me a new outlook on where I am in life- and why it’s perfect for me, right now. I encourage every person to attend this workshop; to learn, to experience and to grow and become comfortable (maybe even) confident with yourself.Lyndsy Tainsh
- Embody Love Facilitator Training with Debbie Valois and Lori Mancini
Friday 6-9pm September 8
Sat- Sun 930-430 September 9-10
Embody Love Movement® Facilitator Training
A Training Course On How To Facilitate Embody Love Movement Workshops
Debbie Valois 500ERYT and Lori Mancini 200ERYT will provide a 15-hour weekend training in how to facilitate this inspirational program, with access to each of the curricula. This weekend training course is for any self-empowered woman, including therapists, educators, yoga instructors, and moms, who feel inspired to offer our workshops to schools, camps, community centers, yoga studios, and other non-profit organizations.
What is a Facilitator?
Facilitators are women who lovingly share Embody Love Movement’s revolutionary programs in studios, schools, camps, community centers and other non-profit organizations. The workshops that they facilitate focus on emotional expression, exposing media myths, changing the conversation from criticism to kindness, and recognizing self-worth and purpose.
How facilitators make a difference: This training provides facilitators with the ability to inspire girls and women who participate in our programs to:
♥ Value who they are internally over their external appearance
♥ Be empowered to change the conversation from criticism to kindness
♥ Stop comparing themselves to a false idea of beauty and to others
♥ Find inspiration to embrace their purpose in the world About The Training & Certification
The weekend immersion will include:
♥ Participation in an Embody Love Workshop led by Debbie Valois
♥ The being and doing of facilitation: holding safe space
♥ Projection, transference, and shadow work in groups
♥ Using yoga as a tool to find and keep body acceptance
♥ Finding your voice and sharing your truth: story telling that heals
♥ The detriments of body shaming and comparison
♥ Teaching media literacy and demystifying standard of beauty
♥ Practice, practice, practice of facilitation through role play
♥ How to spread the LOVE revolution to your community
Debbie is honored to have been trained and is currently mentored by Dr Melody Moore, Founder Embody Love Movement. Lori completed this Facilitator Training Program February of 2017.
This workshop is limited to 20 participants. There will be plenty of individual instruction, Q&A time, and practice sessions with feedback. As an Embody Love Movement® certified facilitator, you will leave feeling empowered and prepared to take workshop programs into your community. Who better than you, and when better than now? Training costs are $395 per person, which covers the entire weekend. There is also a deposit option of $100 to hold your space 🙂
- Color-Full Yoga on 9/16!
- Color-full yoga to benefit One Love Fits All!!
Saturday, September 16th ( rain date 9/17)
What do you get when you combine a fantastic yoga class with brightly colored powder?
A whole lotta fun!!!!!
You get to do yoga, douse color on your fellow participants, and you get to sweat glitter! Smiles and laughter are guaranteed. A whole lotta crazy colorful fun!!! This will be the brightest class evah! Color yourself happy!!!!
Please wear something white to class, and beach towels as opposed to mats are encouraged.
Debbie and bunch of the other teachers will be there too making your day more color-FULL!
And we have also decided that we should add a game of Dodgeball to top off the event 🙂
One Love Fits All is a yoga fundraiser in support of Embody Love Movement, an organization focused on empowering girls and women. We are excited to announce that, in addition to East Greenwich, several cities around the nation will come together to create a network of yoga events.
All events will benefit the Embody Love Movement.
1.) 80% of women say the images of women in the media makes them feel insecure
2.) Globally, women work two-thirds of the world’s working hours but earn only 10 percent of the world’s income, and own less than 1 percent of the world’s property.
3.) 91% of all women are unhappy with their bodies and resort to dieting
4.) 81% of 10 year olds are afraid of being fat*
5.) Eating Disorders affect up to 70 million individuals worldwide.†
- Breaking Barriers: Exploring Personal Samskaras with Nikki Myers
- Breaking Barriers: Exploring Personal Samskaras
September 22-24, 2017Fri: 6-9Sat 10-4Sun 10-3
$300/$275 prior to August 25, 2017
Codependency has been called the ‘disease of the lost self’. Thomas Merton wrote ‘To allow oneself to be carried away by a multitude of conflicting concerns, to surrender to too many demands, to commit oneself to too many projects, to want to help everyone in everything, is to succumb to the violence of our time.” This is often how we lose ourselves; we minimize what’s going on inside, while over-reacting to the outside.
This workshop is for anyone choosing to develop a deeper relationship with self. It is ideal for those whose family system is affected by addiction as well as those in the ‘helping professions:’ teachers (especially yoga teachers), medical or social work professionals and healers.
An accomplished speaker, teacher and practitioner, Nikki Myers is an MBA, C-IAYT Yoga Therapist, Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, Addictions Recovery Specialist, and Certified Health Coach. Born from her personal struggle with addiction, Nikki is the founder of Y12SR, The Yoga of 12-Step Recovery. Based in its theme ‘the issues live in the tissues’, Y12SR is a relapse prevention program that weaves the art & science of yoga with the practical tools of 12-step programs. Y12SR meetings are now available throughout the world and the curriculum is rapidly becoming a feature of addiction recovery treatment centers. Nikki’s work has been featured in the New York Times, Black Enterprise, The Huffington Post, Origin Magazine, and CBSnews.com. She is honored to be a co-founder of the annual Yoga, Meditation and Recovery Conferences at Esalen Institute and Kripalu Center. Nikki was named as a Yoga Journal Game Changer in 2015 and honored as a recipient of the esteemed NUVO Cultural Visionary Award in 2014.
- Embody Love Workshop with Aeriel Arthur and Angela Goulart
- Saturday October 141230-330$25The Embody Love Workshop will take you on a transformational journey into self acceptance. Women will be given the opportunity to see themselves and their peers through new lenses, ones that do not condition love based on external appearance or limit worthiness to a particular waist size… Lets create a conversation that moves away from “i’m so fat”, “i’m too thin”, “i don’t look good enough” to “I have Purpose”and I am worthy of love and respect”, and ” I have so much to offer”… This workshop is not just about body image and eating issues, but also about acknowledging our worth in our work, family life, relationships with others and changing the conversations we have our selves to be a much more positive one 🙂This is an interactive workshop that does include a 50 minute yoga practice.. In addition to that we have discussion around Media Literacy, a Body Image Project, Change Your Talk, Make a Commitment, and a Journey to Self Inquirycost is $25 and your full payment will be donated back to the Embody Love MovementSession is limited to 30 womenthis session is for women ages 20+ …Here is feedback from a past attendee… 🙂
Embody Love Movement. What an amazing, live changing experience. I attended a workshop when the mindset of learning about other people; I never thought I would have learned so much about myself. This workshop changed my perspective and my inner thoughts. I learned, listened, cried and experienced so much love and support from all the other ladies’ participating. It was remarkable to learn about how others speak to themselves- the constant judgment, specifically- and to eventually realize the thoughts I was having on a daily basis. I discovered so much about my relationships with others and why I react the way I do to certain circumstances. The subconscious thoughts I had been suppressing for years- finally came up to the surface—what a relief. This workshop gave me a new outlook on where I am in life- and why it’s perfect for me, right now. I encourage every person to attend this workshop; to learn, to experience and to grow and become comfortable (maybe even) confident with yourself.Lyndsy Tainsh
- 2018 Teacher Training Info Sessions with Jessie Dwiggins
- Wild Wisdom Yoga Teacher Training Info SessionsHey, we get it…Yoga teacher training is a commitment, but it’s also super rewarding and a wonderful way to get to know yourself and your practice better. Join us for a free teacher training mini-session to see if the program is right for you. Get answers to all of your questions, chat with other like-minded potential trainees, and experience a pose lab to get a taste of training. You’ll walk away with more info about training and a happier down dog.Pick which date works for you!Wednesday, October 11 @ 5:45 – 6:30 PMSunday, November 5 @ 11 AM – 12 PM
- Starting in January 2018 – Wild Wisdom 200 TT with Jessie Dwiggins
Wild Wisdom Yoga is strength based vinyasa yoga; a warmed, powerful class rooted in anatomy, mindfulness, and reconnecting to the body’s instinctive wisdom.
Breath, movement, and real food have the power to energize and restore. Once instinctive choices, they are becoming unconventional practices and those who choose them may be considered a bit wild. Wild Wisdom Yoga combines intelligently sequenced vinyasa yoga and mindful-eating practices to strengthen and nourish the body. The intent is to create a highly functioning body to help students reconnect to their instinctive wisdom and live a vibrant life.
Join Jessie Dwiggins, E-RYT with guest teachers: Sharon McGuire, Debbie Valois, Lori Mancini, Dave Ursillo, and Aeriel Arthur for this Wild Wisdom Vinyasa Teacher Training. They will help you explore and push your physical, mental, and emotional boundaries. They will motivate you and talk you through your head games. They will create a space for you to look inward and love yourself.
Designed for inquisitive yoga students, aspiring teachers, and yoga teachers seeking to enhance and refine their abilities, this yoga teacher training will help you elevate your practice and hone your craft.
You will learn to blend the right amount of technical knowledge, joy, power, and spirituality into your practice and teaching. You will leave with the ability to safely and soulfully guide others through their practice.
Discover your unique yoga gifts and how to share them with the world. Imagine the potential students waiting for your unique style of teaching. Don’t deprive them of you!
•Public Speaking for Yoga Teachers
•Yoga Specific Anatomy
•Breath and Pose Fundamentals
•Mindful Eating Practices
•Thematic Class Sequencing
•Effective & Magical Assists
•Yoga Philosophy & Ethics
Wild Wisdom Yoga is a Yoga Alliance Accredited School. Teacher training graduates earn the 200-hour level certification upon homework completion.
See the complete list of Frequently Asked Questions at JessieDwiggins.com
2018 Training Dates
Fridays 4-9 PM || Saturdays & Sundays 8-5 PM
Non-Refundable Deposit: $108
- Save the Dates! Patrick Beach is coming to LEY in early 2018!
Patrick Beach will be coming to our studio in early 2018!
( he had to change his schedule from this fall, you aren’t crazy 🙂
Check him out http://www.patrickbeach.com