The Watering Hole
2016. A new year can be a new beginning. A year to shed the unessentials, say yes to new opportunities, and thrive. If I have one prayer for our community, it would go like this: Let us let go of the things that no longer serve us. When we give everything we’ve got and it doesn’t become what we want, let it go. Sometimes we just need to surrender. Let us run towards our dreams. What have you been wanting
Our #BreaktherUles campaign is halfway through. How many rules have you broken? Are you breaking rules set for yourself or standards set by someone else? Strong. Silly. Uncomfortable. We’ve been offering a word a day and your vision of that word has been absolutely inspiring. Easy words on paper, sometimes hard to visually and verbally explore and explain. Grounded. Stiff. Adventurous. What do these words mean to you? What do they say about you? Who you are? Who do you
- Seane Corn Returns!!! June 10-12
- Seane Corn will be here in June! Full descriptions of workshops are to come, but believe me, anytime spent with Seane is AMAZING so don’t hesitate to check any of the times out that work for you! You can register for individual sessions for $85 each, or all 4 sessions for $290. Payment is required with registration, but if you need to cancel we will refund your payment! Only select a specific a date if you are doing single session… the full weekend will register automatically….here is some more about Seane…Seane Corn is an internationally celebrated yoga teacher known for her impassioned activism, unique self-expression, and inspirational style of teaching. Featured in commercials, magazines, NPR, and Oprah.com, Seane now utilizes her national platform to bring awareness to global humanitarian issues. In 2005, she was named “National Yoga Ambassador” for YouthAIDS, and in 2013 was given the “Global Green International Environmental Leadership Award.” Since 2007, she has been training leaders of activism through her co-founded organization Off the Mat, Into the World®. Seane has spent time in the US, India, Cambodia, Haiti and Africa working with communities in need- teaching yoga, providing support for child labor and educating people about HIV/AIDS prevention. Seane is also co-founder of the Seva Challenge Humanitarian Tours, which have raised roughly $4.5 million since 2007, getting the yoga community involved in fund and awareness raising efforts across the globe. Her self-authored dvds are available through Gaiam and Yoga Journal, as well as her most recent ground-breaking 3-dvd set “The Yoga of Awakening” through Sounds True. She is currently working on her first book. www.seanecorn.com
- Am I Hungry? with Jessie Dwiggins
February 3 2016- March 23 2016
Meeting Wednesday nights from 6-730pm
$325 with books
Am I Hungry?®陽 Mindful Eating Program
FINALLY: A PROGRAM TO STOP THE DIET ROLLER COASTER. SO YOU CAN EAT WHAT YOU LOVE WITHOUT GUILT – AND LIVE A HEALTHY LIFE.
AM I HUNGRY? MINDFUL EATING PROGRAM ONLINE
Knowing how to listen for when you’re hungry and what to do when you’re not hungry but still want to eat means having the power to meet any health goal.
Maybe you’ve tried cutting carbs, recording every ounce of food that passed your lips, and attending weekly meetings. Maybe you’ve enlisted a friend for accountability, but just found yourself thinking ‘I don’t know how they do it.’ And where has that gotten you? Defeated, guilt-ridden, and even more worried about food that you were.
The problem is, when you look to other people as experts, you overlook the expert in you.
Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Program not only teaches you how to eat what you love, but also shows you how to tap into your inner expert to make the best choice for yourself when you’re hungry.
YOU DESERVE TO END THE STRUGGLE WITH FOOD AND YOUR BODY. AM I HUNGRY? CAN HELP.
- Discover simple, yet powerful approaches for knowing when, what, and how much to eat.
- Overcome emotional and mindless eating.
- Eat the foods that you love without guilt – or overeating.
- Choose nourishing foods – without confusing nutrition jargon or diet rules.
- Find ways of moving your body that you truly enjoy and aren’t punishment for eating.
- Free up all the energy you lose obsessing about food or your body to build health and joy.
Materials. You’ll receive a copy of Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat: How to Break Your Eat-Repent-Repeat Cycle and Companion Workbook by Michelle May, MD.
Eight, 90-Minute Workshops. Each week, you’ll meet with Jessie and other people in your group. In these live sessions, we will cover, in depth, the signature Am I Hungry? strategy for mindful-eating. There will be lots of opportunity for participation and Q & A.
This workshop is held as eight consecutive sessions to create momentum toward making change. Yes, it’s a time commitment, but just think: investing this time now means not having to spend energy on diets or worrying about food later.
VIP Participant Portal Pass. You will be granted full access to the Participant Portal, which includes ways to track your progress and a private participant forum. Use the form to share anything that seems relevant including your ‘ahas’ and ask for support around challenges you encounter.
Daily Inspirational Emails. Mindful Moments, designed to mirror what you’re learning and motivate you.
ABOUT JESSIE DWIGGINS
Jessie’s mission is to help you feel better in your own skin. Jessie discovered Am I Hungry? while completing her graduate degree in nutrition. Tired of the constant struggle of trying to lose weight, only to feel deprived and exhausted, it helped her to make peace with food and her body. Jessie is a licensed facilitator of Am I Hungry? and certified Wellness Coach. She is thrilled to empower people to change their relationship with food.
- Essential Oils with Michelle Nuener
- Make and Take ESSENTIAL OIL CLASS Thyme to Clean! with doTERRA Essential Oils We are consistently exposed to toxins in cleaning products. This cleaning season, why not try something new? Opt to use natural cleaning products made with essential oils. There are many reasons to go natural with your cleaning products, including concerns over being exposed to unnecessary toxic chemicals and creating less environmental waste. DoTERRA Essential oils have no dangerous side effects and are an inexpensive alternative. We will be making a product for you to take home and try. Please preregister for this class, so that we may have enough materials and prizes for all. Cost of class is $5 SATURDAY, February 13th 930
- Building a hOMe Practice with Debbie Valois
- Saturday February 20 from 1230-230Want a little guidance on how to practice at home or on the road when LEY might be out of reach?
This class will be broken into mini practices that you could bring hOMe with you either in its entirety or in pieces so if time is limited you can still get a practice in!$30
- This is Your Brain On Yoga with Shane Sauer
Please note date change!!!!
1230-4$45This is Your Brain on Yoga – Part 1, MoveWho is this workshop for?•“Prove-it-to-me” skeptics who doubt the scientific benefits of yoga•Devoted yogis who want to dive deeper into their practice•Anyone who may feel inhibited by pain and limited flexibilityWhat’s it about?Both yoga and modern neuroscience agree: the mind-body connection is real. And that with some basic knowledge about it, you can improve your yoga practice, life and overall health.What will we learn? You’ll learn how our brains control pain and performance, and how some simple movements can help our minds work through and overcome it—and it’s all backed by neurology. The results can open you up to a greater range of motion and new postures.What will we do?Several short science lessons (taught in a down-to-earth way), each followed by simple physical exercises that let you practice what we learn right away. We’ll finish with a 60-minute yoga practice that will place everything into the bigger picture—so you can take the benefits to future yoga sessions as well as into your everyday life. Note: To dive even further into understanding (and rewiring) your mind-body, take “This is Your Brain on Yoga, Part 2: Breathe.”
- Yoga Retreat in Costa Rica
Yoga Retreat in Costa Rica
Join LEY’s own Dave Ursilo on a beach-side retreat from April 30 to May 7, 2016 where you’ll enjoy daily yoga sessions, daily farm-to-table meals and guided journaling sessions in one of the most bio-diverse locations on earth! You’ll flow, explore the rainforest, nap on the beach, be surrounded by wildlife and relish 8 days and 7 nights at the beloved Blue Osa Eco-Resort (Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica). Tickets start at $1495 (for a limited time). Reserve your space for just $500 down-payment (deposit is refundable until December 31, 2015). Payment plans are available! Visit DaveUrsillo.com/Retreat or email Dave@DaveUrsillo.com with any questions!
- Bring on the Light! with Coral Brown
Bring on the LIGHT
The changing of seasons offers an opportunity to clear out patterns and habits and reconnect with our authentic self. This practice reminds us that we are the cause of our lives, that we manifest our reality. Through a fortifying, fire-based practice, we will honor, accept and transcend the fears that limit us from being the change we wish to see in ourselves and in the world. Within this class, multi-dimensional sequencing will allow us to integrate standing poses, backbends, forward bends, twists and hip openers to open our bodies and minds for the coming of spring… because it IS coming!
- Assisting and Enhancements with Debbie Valois
do you want to learn more about alignment within the asana? what ways you can deepen your own experience in the poses and how to help your students do the same? then come play on March 19 with Debbie! This class will be eligible for 2 CE’s for registered yoga teachers, but you do not have to be a teacher to come!
- Moving Mindfully with Lori Mancini and Debbie Valois
Bringing more of the spiritual energy into your vinyasa flow
- Arm Balances with Debbie Valois and Josh Ball
- Saturday 5/71230-230Wanting to deepen your practice with floating and flying? well then this is the class for you!!! A chance to break things down so you can pick yourself up!!!$30
- Mommy and Me Yoga
- Please note new time! such a hit we needed a bigger room!We are excited to announce the launch of our Mommy & Me Yoga class here at LEY. Every Thursday beginning December 3, from 11:00-12 , Lisa Rae will lead moms and their babies through a 60-minute practice. The practice is designed to help mothers in several ways:
Babies of all ages are welcome to attend with their moms. Bring whatever you’ll need to make you and your child comfortable. And don’t stress if they want to sleep, cry, or be fed during class – it’s just part of the practice! Come and experience the joy of sharing your yoga practice with your little yogis!We look forward to seeing you on Thursdays at 11 am.
- Increase flexbility and muscle tone
- Strengthen core muscles
- Stretch shoulders and back muscles
- Reduce stress and cultivate mindfulness
- Meet and interact with other moms
- Do something positive for your body, mind, and soul
- Have fun with your child!
- Free Community Classes are back!!!!
Once a month on select Saturdays from 3-415
The dates are as follows 12/12, 1/2, 1/16, 2/13, 3/5
This will be a class taught by recent graduates of the 200 hour teacher training program. This is a wonderful opportunity for you to get some free yoga while an up and coming teacher will be able to share with you their wonderful gift of teaching….