The Watering Hole
May 15, 2015
BreaktherUles. It’s already the middle of May, which means our #BreaktherUles campaign is halfway through. How many rules have you broken? Are you breaking rules you set for yourself or standards set by someone else? Strong. Silly. Uncomfortable. We’ve been offering a word a day and your vision of that word has been absolutely inspiring. Easy words on paper, sometimes hard to visually and verbally explore and explain. Grounded. Stiff. Adventurous. What do these words mean to you? What do
April 30, 2015
As we are shaking off the malaise of the long winter, and not-so warm Spring, we are kickstarting a new initiative that you must join! (alright…pretty please?…) BreaktheRules is a month-long, community driven Instagram/Facebook campaign, open to the Laughing Elephant Community and beyond. Participants will showcase their uniqueness and beauty by breaking rules, conventions and social mores through photos. Why has this happened? Because at Laughing Elephant Yoga we believe in more than the asana. We believe in the creativity
- Inner Beauty Workshop with Debbie Valois
- Saturday October 10 from 1230-330$25The inner Beauty Workshop will take you on a transformational journey into self acceptance. Women will be given the opportunity to see themselves and their peers through new lenses, ones that do not condition love based on external appearance or limit worthiness to a particular waist size… Lets create a conversation that moves away from “i’m so fat”, “i’m too thin”, “i don’t look good enough” to “I have Purpose”and I am worthy of love and respect”, and ” I have so much to offer”…This is an interactive workshop that does include a 50 minute yoga practice.. In addition to that we have discussion around Media Literacy, a Body Image Project, Change Your Talk, Make a Commitment, and a Journey to Self InquiryThis experience will be guided by Debbie Valois who is honored to be a certified facilitator of this program developed by Melody Moore, founder of the Embody Love Movement
cost is $25 and your full payment will be donated back to the Embody Love MovementSession is limited to 16 womenthis session is for women ages 20+ … Teen sessions will be coming soon
- Free Columbus Day Flow!
On Monday October 12 come join us for a free practice in the front yard at 930 with Debbie! if the weather is yucky we will take it inside …..
All other classes are cancelled today…
- From Um to Om with Jessie Dwiggins
Friday October 16 from 4-9 and Saturday/Sunday October 17 & 18 from 8-5
$275 for the entire weekend
From Um To Om™陽: Public Speaking for Yoga Teachers with Jessie Dwiggins
Breathe Deep & Find Your Voice
Discover your unique voice and how to share it with the world. When you teach from your natural self, with authenticity, you will connect with your students in a whole different way. Imagine attracting more students just by being yourself.
From Um to Om is a yoga teacher-training mini-program designed to strengthen yoga specific public speaking skills. Learn to connect the power of inspiration to yoga to motivate and impact your students on and off the mat. Relate the importance of the physical practice to your students’ desire to live a more full and satisfying life. It will distinguish you as an outstanding teacher and keep your classes full of eager students.
Designed for yoga teachers seeking to enhance and refine their abilities, this course will help you elevate your teaching and hone your craft. You will learn to blend the right amount of technical knowledge, joy, power, and inspiration into your classes, creating a total experience that your students will not want to miss.
You will leave with the ability to artfully weave a theme through a class and soulfully guide others through their practice.
What you’ll learn:
- Harness the power of your breath to speak in a clear and compelling way.
- Maximize your students’ learning styles to give understandable cues.
- Boost your confidence while speaking.
- Enhance your public speaking skills.
- Teach with passion from your love of yoga.
From Um to Om is suitable for yoga teachers from any lineage or style. All teachers, from beginner to expert, will be able to apply the concepts to their teaching style. All that is required is a desire to teach yoga in a compelling and meaningful way.
Jessie created From Um to Om after her friend, a recent teacher-training graduate, was terrified by the thought of teaching because she was not taught public speaking skills. There is so much to cover in a 200-hour teacher training, that many don’t cover the art of speaking while teaching. A self-described cueing nerd, Jessie is fascinated by how successful teachers speak while teaching. She is ever striving to improve her own yoga-speaking skills.
Jessie Dwiggins, E-RYT, has been teaching Forrest Yoga and Power Yoga since 2007 and practicing since 2003. She graduated from both the Fundamental and Advanced Teacher Training programs with Ana Forrest. Jessie holds undergraduate and graduate degrees in exercise physiology and nutrition. She is also a licensed Am I Hungry?®陽 Mindful Eating facilitator. She has aimed to overcome her own public speaking jitters to deliver engaging and effective classes, and now wants to share her learning with others.
- Strong Medicine Yoga 200 TT with Jessie Dwiggins
Strong Medicine Yoga
200-HR Yoga Teacher Training with Jessie Dwiggins, E-RYT
Breathe Deep & Discover Your Strength!
Discover your unique yoga gifts and how to share them with the world. Imagine the potential students waiting for your unique style of teaching. Don’t deprive them of you!
Designed for inquisitive yoga students, aspiring teachers, and yoga teachers seeking to enhance and refine their abilities, this yoga teacher training will help you elevate your practice and hone your craft.
You will learn to blend the right amount of technical knowledge, joy, power, and spirituality into your practice and teaching. You will leave with the ability to safely and soulfully guide others through their practice.
- From Um to Om™陽: Public Speaking for Yoga Instructors
- Yoga Specific Anatomy
- Breath and Pose Fundamentals
- Thematic Class Sequencing
- Effective & Magical Assists
- Injury Modifications
- Yoga Philosophy & Ethics
- Mindful Eating
What is Strong Medicine Yoga?
Breath, yoga and real food are strong medicines. They have tremendous power to heal. Strong Medicine Yoga combines intelligently sequenced vinyasa yoga and mindful-eating practices to strengthen and nourish the body. The intent is to create a highly functioning body to help students reconnect to their spirit and live a vibrant life.
Join Jessie Dwiggins, E-RYT for this Forrest Yoga Inspired Vinyasa Teacher Training. Jessie has been teaching Forrest Yoga and Power Yoga since 2007 and practicing since 2003. She graduated from both the Foundational and Advanced Teacher Training programs with Ana Forrest. Jessie holds undergraduate and graduate degrees in exercise physiology and nutrition. She is also a licensed Am I Hungry?®陽 Mindful Eating facilitator.
Jessie will help you explore and push your physical, mental, and emotional boundaries. She will motivate you and talk you through your head games. She will create a space for you to look inward and love yourself.
This is your opportunity to transform how you relate to the world!
2016 Training Dates:
Friday – 4-9 PM
Saturday & Sunday – 8-5 PM
$2600 total cost ( $108 nonrefundable deposit required with registration)
Payment plans are available
Questions about TT content- Email Jessie@jessiedwiggins.com
Questions about payment plans or registration- email firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be Free informational sessions about the training on Wednesday 9/23 at 530pm and also on Sunday 11/1 at 330
- Free Community Classes are back!!!!
Once a month on select Saturdays from 3-415
The dates are as follows 8/22, 9/19, 10/17, 11/14, 12/12, 1/2
This will be a class taught by recent graduates of the 200 hour teacher training program. This is a wonderful opportunity for you to get some free yoga while an up and coming teacher will be able to share with you their wonderful gift of teaching….
- Fearless Flow with Jessie and Aeriel
- On Saturday November 21 from 1230-330 Discover Forrest Yoga$35Flow is the state in which a person performing an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity. Join Aeriel & Jessie for a discovery of Forrest Yoga and learn how to add energy and flow to amplify your yoga practice. Use your breath to inform and add power to your practice. Feel how your breath forms your poses. Learn the secret to energize and sparkle up your practice. You will leave feeling powerful, fearless, and able to add flow to your practice.All levels welcome. Modifications will be provided to suit the needs of our students.
- Free Thanksgiving Flow with Debbie
Thursday November 11/26 from 9-1030 with Debbie …. FREE!!!!!!!
Come start your day with us for a sweet. sweaty flow that will prepare you for whatever your family can throw your way! This class is FREE to show you how grateful we are for you!!!!!!
- Moving Through: Forrest Yoga for Digestive Health with Jessie Dwiggins
Sunday 11/1 1230-330 $35
Moving Through: Forrest Yoga for Digestive Health
The health of our digestive tract is vital to our wellbeing. Most people experience some GI discomfort from overeating, stress, insufficient breakdown of food, or poor food choices. Learn to use Forrest Yoga poses to clear your gut of indigestible, nonnutritive junk and reconnect to what your body is trying to tell you. Twisting poses will compress soft organs, encouraging waste to leave the system, and invite fresh oxygen and nutrients into the cell tissue. “Over the Roll” poses will increase peristalsis and movement in the digestive system. You will bring awareness and vitality to your belly to improve digestion and reconnect to gut feelings in a nourishing way.
- Restorative Yoga to celebrate the Winter Solstice
On Sunday December 20 from 630-830 PM
With Megan Eddy ….
More info to come soon!
- Free Holiday Eve Flow!!!
- On Christmas Eve and New Years Eve we are offering a free class to give our thanks to you!!!!Lori and Debbie will be guiding your way into the Christmas Eve celebrations, Sharon and Lori on New Years Eve…. Come have some fun and flow!12/24 from 9-103012/31 from 9-1030FREEEEEEEEEE!
- Free New Years Day 108 Suns!!!
- Sleep in and then come welcome in 2016 with a bit of sweat!108 Suns guided by Debbie and other teachers from our Laughing Elephant Family to wake up your body and wake up your spirit!This is a free class to thank you for a whole year of coming down to share your energy with us at Laughing Elephant!Friday January 1 from 12-130
- Am I Hungry? with Jessie Dwiggins
January 20 2016- March 9 2016
Meeting Wednesday nights from 6-730pm
$325 with books
Am I Hungry?®陽 Mindful Eating Program
FINALLY: A PROGRAM TO STOP THE DIET ROLLER COASTER. SO YOU CAN EAT WHAT YOU LOVE WITHOUT GUILT – AND LIVE A HEALTHY LIFE.
AM I HUNGRY? MINDFUL EATING PROGRAM ONLINE
Knowing how to listen for when you’re hungry and what to do when you’re not hungry but still want to eat means having the power to meet any health goal.
Maybe you’ve tried cutting carbs, recording every ounce of food that passed your lips, and attending weekly meetings. Maybe you’ve enlisted a friend for accountability, but just found yourself thinking ‘I don’t know how they do it.’ And where has that gotten you? Defeated, guilt-ridden, and even more worried about food that you were.
The problem is, when you look to other people as experts, you overlook the expert in you.
Am I Hungry? Mindful Eating Program not only teaches you how to eat what you love, but also shows you how to tap into your inner expert to make the best choice for yourself when you’re hungry.
YOU DESERVE TO END THE STRUGGLE WITH FOOD AND YOUR BODY. AM I HUNGRY? CAN HELP.
- Discover simple, yet powerful approaches for knowing when, what, and how much to eat.
- Overcome emotional and mindless eating.
- Eat the foods that you love without guilt – or overeating.
- Choose nourishing foods – without confusing nutrition jargon or diet rules.
- Find ways of moving your body that you truly enjoy and aren’t punishment for eating.
- Free up all the energy you lose obsessing about food or your body to build health and joy.
Materials. You’ll receive a copy of Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat: How to Break Your Eat-Repent-Repeat Cycle and Companion Workbook by Michelle May, MD.
Eight, 90-Minute Workshops. Each week, you’ll meet with Jessie and other people in your group. In these live sessions, we will cover, in depth, the signature Am I Hungry? strategy for mindful-eating. There will be lots of opportunity for participation and Q & A.
This workshop is held as eight consecutive sessions to create momentum toward making change. Yes, it’s a time commitment, but just think: investing this time now means not having to spend energy on diets or worrying about food later.
VIP Participant Portal Pass. You will be granted full access to the Participant Portal, which includes ways to track your progress and a private participant forum. Use the form to share anything that seems relevant including your ‘ahas’ and ask for support around challenges you encounter.
Daily Inspirational Emails. Mindful Moments, designed to mirror what you’re learning and motivate you.
ABOUT JESSIE DWIGGINS
Jessie’s mission is to help you feel better in your own skin. Jessie discovered Am I Hungry? while completing her graduate degree in nutrition. Tired of the constant struggle of trying to lose weight, only to feel deprived and exhausted, it helped her to make peace with food and her body. Jessie is a licensed facilitator of Am I Hungry? and certified Wellness Coach. She is thrilled to empower people to change their relationship with food.