The Watering Hole
At first, there are no words, only feelings. Horrified. Grief. Hatred. Sadness. Anger. Fear. Emptiness. Heartbroken. Loss. Pain. Darkness. Overwhelmed. Hopeless. Helpless. Breathe. Breathe it all in and then exhale all the tension and negativity. And then the words will come. Hope. Forgive. Empathy. Acceptance. Solace. Community. Unity. And most of all….love. LOVE IS LOVE IS LOVE IS LOVE. Love big. Love fierce. And for God’s sake: LOVE ALL. Lori
Authored by Dave Ursillo (RYT-200), who teaches at Laughing Elephant Yoga on Mondays at 6:30 PM and Tuesdays at 12:15 PM. As a yoga teacher at Laughing Elephant Yoga, I’ve found that many new yogis begin their journey into yoga because they are searching for a form of physicality and movement that can help them feel good, healthy and strong in their bodies — without the usual stress and strain of calorie-burning workout programs. I first explored yoga because I was curious to
- doTerra Oils of Summer with Michelle
ESSENTIAL OIL SELF CARE
and BACK TO SCHOOL TIPS!
Join in as Essential Oil Educator, Michelle Neuner explores
the healing benefits of doTERRA Essential Oils and Products. She will share insight on how pure essential oils can be used
for seasonal ailments, minor injuries, digestive issues, breathing difficulties, stress management and pain management
Just to name a few.
doTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Oils represent the safest, purest and most beneficial oils available today.
Raffling off Breathe, Respiratory Blend
Registration is your entry to win!!
Wednesday, Aug 31st 7:15 PM
Laughing Elephant Yoga
Register online at:
Questions: Call Michelle 401.225.2021
- Free Yoga In the Park with Debbie for Labor Day
Free Yoga at Goddard Park with Debbie!
Come join us on Monday September 5 from 9-1030 for our Best If RI award winning FREE yoga at Goddard Park!
All Levels, all ages! Well behaved doggies invited too!!!!
Debbie will guide your way ( by running around and screaming like a maniac ) for this playful class in the grass!
Beach towel is recommended …
Please leave your valuables at home or trunk it! we had a party pooper a couple of years ago so don’t leave your things on your car seat
We meet near the “big rock” first entrance to the park… There will be signs and balloons….
If it rains we will bring it back to the studio………
- Yoga and Running with Megan Eddy
Session one is Saturdays beginning June 11 and runs till July 23
Session 2 is Saturdays beginning September 10 till October 22
Our bodies are not perfectly balanced. Our bodies compensate for our imbalances which cause tight muscles to get tighter and weak muscles get weaker. The repetitiveness of running further causes challenges . Yoga will help to strengthen weak muscles, lengthen tight muscles and improve range of motion. This class will introduce you to runner specific poses and routines you can use for all of your pre and post runs.
The mind is just as important as the physical body when it comes to running. Running is 90% mental. Train your mind and the body will follow. Using the breath as a tool to focus the mind, relax the body and conserve energy will make you a better runner. This class will teach you breathing techniques and will assist you in identifying wasted energy.
Saturdays beginning June 11
and runs till July 23
8:30 am- 10 am
30 minutes of yoga
30 minutes of running or walking or combo
15 minute cool down
$10 per session ( please register and pay online)
meet near the big rock at the first park entrance
- Ayurveda Workshops with Lisa Weinberg
This Fall we will have a 3 week series with Lisa Weinberg guiding the way into understanding more about Ayurveda and how this sister science to yoga can work for you!
Wednesday nights 545-645
for the series $75 drop in $30
What Is The Meaning Of Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is a Sanskrit term, made up of two words Ayu and Veda. Ayu means life and Veda mean science or knowledge. It is translated as science of life.
It is one of the most ancient and comprehensive medical sciences of the world.
Ayurveda is a science of your mind, body and spirit. It is a consciousness-based approach to health the brings harmony and balance in all areas of your life.
Find Your Dosha
According to Ayurveda, the five main elements are; ether, air, fire, water & earth. When combined give rise to Doshas. VATA, PITTA, KAPHA
These three doses are found in our body. They are responsible for all biological and physiological functions, and they are present in all of us.
Importance of Gut health in Ayurveda
Agni & Ama
Agni, the digestive fire is responsible for digestion, metabolism, and conversion.
Ama , Undigested foodIncomplete or partially digested food is left behind in the digestive system.
A properly functioning Agni and digestive system is critical to good health.
- Arielle Extreme Takes it Outside at LEY
- Saturday September 17 from 1030-1230 (Before the Color Class) pop by and see some of the amazing Adult Flyers from Arielle Extreme (including our own Debbie Valois) perform at Laughing Elephant Yoga !!!!We are taking the rig outside, and the lovely ladies that have been coached by Amanda Cortellesso and Ana Poirier will be dancing in the sky and blow your mind!Stop by after your regular morning yoga class.. come early for the super fun Color Class..wander down from Main st… stop for coffee with Susie in the Cafe… and then hang outside and enjoy the show! ( this will be ongoing, so you can drop in and head out as you wish)…You can finally see what Debbie is always yammering about when she is teaching ( and pssst you can find out about taking classes at Arielle Extreme too)..Unfortunately this is weather permitting, we will keep you updated.
- The Colorful ONE Yoga with Lori Mancini ( Um and Dodgeball)
Color-full yoga to benefit One Love Fits All!!
Saturday, September 17th
What do you get when you combine a fantastic yoga class with brightly colored powder?
A whole lotta fun!!!!!
You get to do yoga, douse color on your fellow participants, and you get to sweat glitter! Smiles and laughter are guaranteed. A whole lotta crazy colorful fun!!! This will be the brightest class evah! Color yourself happy!!!!
Please wear something white to class, and beach towels as opposed to mats are encouraged.
Debbie and bunch of the other teachers will be there too making your day more color-FULL!
And we have also decided that we should add a game of Dodgeball to top off the event 🙂
One Love Fits All is a yoga fundraiser in support of Embody Love Movement, an organization focused on empowering girls and women. We are excited to announce that, in addition to East Greenwich, several cities around the nation will come together to create a network of yoga events in September 10th, 2016. The main Event is happening in Dallas Tx…..http://onelovefitsalldallas.moonfruit.com
All events will benefit the Embody Love Movement.
1.) 80% of women say the images of women in the media makes them feel insecure
2.) Globally, women work two-thirds of the world’s working hours but earn only 10 percent of the world’s income, and own less than 1 percent of the world’s property.
3.) 91% of all women are unhappy with their bodies and resort to dieting
4.) 81% of 10 year olds are afraid of being fat*
5.) Eating Disorders affect up to 70 million individuals worldwide.†
- This is Your Brain on Yoga with Shane Sauer
- This Is Your Brain On Yoga with Shane Sauerregister hereSunDate: 9/18/2016From: 10:00 am – 1:30 pmRoom: Studio B – 1st FLR.$45This is Your Brain on Yoga – Part 1, Move Who is this workshop for? •“Prove-it-to-me” skeptics who doubt the scientific benefits of yoga •Devoted yogis who want to dive deeper into their practice •Anyone who may feel inhibited by pain and limited flexibility What’s it about? Both yoga and modern neuroscience agree: the mind-body connection is real. And that with some basic knowledge about it, you can improve your yoga practice, life and overall health. What will we learn? You’ll learn how our brains control pain and performance, and how some simple movements can help our minds work through and overcome it—and it’s all backed by neurology. The results can open you up to a greater range of motion and new postures. What will we do? Several short science lessons (taught in a down-to-earth way), each followed by simple physical exercises that let you practice what we learn right away. We’ll finish with a 60-minute yoga practice that will place everything into the bigger picture—so you can take the benefits to future yoga sessions as well as into your everyday life. Note: To dive even further into understanding (and rewiring) your mind-body, take “This is Your Brain on Yoga, Part 2: Breathe.”
- Am I Hungry , A Mindful Eating Program with Jessie Dwiggins
- October 5 – November 16, 2016Meeting Wednesday nights from 6-7:30pm$325 with booksAm I Hungry?® Mindful Eating ProgramFinally! A program to stop the diet rollar coaster so you can eat what you love without guilt – and live a healthy life.What You’ll Learn:Discover simple, yet powerful approaches for knowing when, what, and how much to eat. Overcome emotional and mindless eating. Eat the foods that you love without guilt – or overeating.Choose nourishing foods – without confusing nutrition jargon or diet rules. Find ways of moving your body that you truly enjoy and aren’t punishment for eating. Free up all the energy you lose obsessing about food or your body to build health and joy.Are you ready to find your inner expert?
- Vinyasa Krama- A Master Class with Theresa Murphy
On Sunday October 16 from 1230-230 Come experience Theresa Murphy at LEY!!!!
To register click here
Come immerse yourself in the depths of asana practice.
The word vinyasa is composed of two words: vi = order + nyasa = placement; and the word krama means “the uninterrupted sequence of events from beginning to end”; so the entire term means “the ordered placement of the sequence of events.”
Usually shortened simply to “vinyasa,” it refers to a flowing sequence of asanas linked by breath and intention. In this special class we’ll go thru a complete practice in that we’ll move in all directions.
This class is for seasoned students of asana, as we will practice more complex shapes and advanced asana. My definition of an advanced student, however, is one who knows how to take care of themselves and how to modify more complex shapes into shapes that are digestible for them.
It’s encouraged that students attending this class can push up into urdhva dhanurasana, kick up to handstand, can fully flex (bend) both knees, and can fold into lotus (or know how to modify). Students with less experience are welcome, but might learn more by watching at times!
Want to know more about Theresa ? click here
- 2017 Yoga Teacher Training- 200 Hour YTT with Coral Brown Initiate, Integrate, Illuminate.
Starting February 2017
200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
with Coral Brown LMHC, e-RYT 500 and Guest Teachers
A teacher of teachers, Coral Brown is known for her integrative, lighthearted approach that fuses the energetic, creative energy of vinyasa yoga with her experience as a holistic counselor. Coral is a licensed mental health counselor and draws on 20 years experience of in yoga, philosophy, and holistic counseling to provide fertile, open space for the processes of healing and transformation. She has trained in the Iyengar and Jivamukti methods and is a senior teacher of Prana Vinyasa flow, leading teacher trainings, retreats and workshops worldwide. Coral is a regular contributor to Yoga Journal and has featured classes on Yoga Vibes and OneOEight.com. Learn more at CoralBrown.net
This 200hr teacher training program is a yoga alliance certified Prana Vinyasa style training. Students can expect in depth exploration, study and practice in the following areas of yoga.
- Study yoga philosophy and the 5,000-year-old history of yoga, with special attention to Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and The Bhagavad Gita.
- Cultivate your personal relationship to yoga, and learn how to live your yoga, on and off the mat.
- Become more body-aware as we learn basics of anatomy, physiology and injury prevention.
- Learn yogic breathing (pranayama), the chakra system and subtle body anatomy as tools for deepening your personal practice and skill set as a teacher.
- Explore basic principles and philosophy of Ayurveda, the sister-science of yoga, for enhancing self-care and awareness.
- Learn the ethics and business of yoga
- Build a toolkit for making a meaningful living from teaching yoga including: how to tell your story and write a professional bio that gets you quality work, and how to stay true to yourself while navigating and benefiting from social media.
- Explore the five movements of prana that serve as the underlying flow of yoga
- Cultivate the flow of prana through asana, pranayama, drishti, and the use of the bandhas.
- Acquire the principles and practice of creative and effective sequencing (beginner and intermediate flows). Learn the ritual and structure of a yoga class: opening, namaskar, waves, peak poses, counter-poses and closing.
- Discover teaching methodologies and integration of the essential yoga principles including bandhas, pranayama, and meditation.
- Develop your objective observation skills, techniques for hands-on adjustments, use of yoga props, verbal cues and other tools.
- Learn the breakdown of the family of asanas, exploring key actions of asanas and recognizing common misalignments.
- Learn fundamentals of yoga including Surya Namaskar, Chandra Namaskar, Classical Namaskar, and four Dancing Warrior Sequences to enhance your self-practice and teach to others.
- Understand, apply and teach sequencing principles such as vinyasa krama, wave sequencing and the 3-part vinyasa method.
- Learn to create vinyasa combinations for both beginner, intermediate, and mixed-level students that are safe, effective and inspired.
- Continuous practice teaching and teaching labs to bring out your authentic teaching voice and style.
Each weekend immersion is Friday 4:00pm-9:00pm and Sat/Sun 8 am-6pm
- February 24
- March 10
- March 31
- April 21
- May 5
- May 19
- June 9
Investment: $2600 (payment plans are available $400 per month over 8 months, month #8 is $492)
*This cost covers all weekend modules, monthly Prana Flow Immersions, and a comprehensive manual written by Shiva Rea.
*For those interested in deepening their practice without teacher- training certification the investment is $2300.
*As a registered student you will also enjoy special discounts at Laughing Elephant Yoga on workshops, yoga classes and clothing purchases.
- The desire and commitment to deepen your knowledge and love of Yoga.
- The ability to compassionately share space, thus creating a sacred environment for learning and transformation.
- The will to surrender to the flow of your natural life rhythms.
Program Requirements for Certification:
- Attend all weekend modules
- Attend 10 public yoga classes with Coral, Debbie or an approved teacher.
- 3 Living Sadhana Cycles
- Embodiment Project
- Sacred Reading List and Book Projects
- Final Exam; written and practical
- Complete two online study modules with Shiva
Complete and return the below application with a non-refundable $108 deposit to
Laughing Elephant Yoga
4372 Post Rd East Greenwich RI 02818
All questions should be referred to Debbie Valois at email@example.com